my 3yr ds just took his dinner and threw it all over his room

i admit, i had a bad mommy moment and i yelled at him to help me pick up. which he did and smacked his hand . this is the 2nd time ive smacked his hand ever. i dont spank. he sat in his time out chair for awhile. but here is my question. i know he acted out bc he is bored as hell bc we have been stuck in house 3 days cause of the rain. i was planning
to bring out this art project thing. after dinner. but now i dont know what to do. give him a new toy when he just thrw his dinner everywhere. on the other hand. im sick of him watching tv. and he got punished already. should we do the art thing.. for my sanity. i think we should do it. thank u. i feel like a piece of shit for slapping his hand

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:47 PM on Dec. 18, 2010 in General Parenting

• Don't feel too bad. it was a pretty serious offense!

Was he eating in his room or did he like carry his plate INTO his room?
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 7:49 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• I would do the art thing. You already punished him for throughing his food and I would just talk to him to make sure he understands why he was punished. Then you move on from it.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 7:53 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• He should not have left the table with his plate. Not sure what smacking his hand was supposed to teach him but glad to hear you didn't spank him. I'm not seeing it....if the family was sitting at the table having dinner together how on earth did it come to him getting up and leaving the table with his plate and going to his room? Sorry but I'm not seeing how that happened

Answer by admckenzie at 7:54 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• I am wondering how he did that when he was siting at the table eating? Or like he should have been? You should not fell bad for slaping his hand. 

Because if it would have been me I would have spanked his but good for doing it.  That is just me though.

Answer by louise2 at 7:55 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• maybe its just me. but I love my boys to death dont get my wrong but if my son takes his food and throws it across his bedroom a tap on the hand would be getting off real easy. Because he knows better. i would so mad. boredem is not an excuse
    Sky_Mom

Answer by Sky_Mom at 7:56 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• I wouldn't feel bad in the last and if he was mine he would be going to bed without any dinner.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 7:56 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• he ran from the table. bc he said he wanted to eat in his room. i said no we are eating at the table so he picked up his bowl of meat spagetti and ran and threw it everywhere bc i told him no. i ran after him told him to stop. TO LATE. food all over the room. i smacked his hand bc i guess his hand thrw the food. normally im patient but meat spagetti was to much
    we will move on and do the art project
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:59 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• the little stinker literally picks up his bowl and runs from the table. right now he is reading books/ still debating the art thing
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:10 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• I would wait for the art thing for tom. It's almost 8 anyway
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 8:12 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• Don't feel bad. I would be LIVID. No art project, no nothing, just bedtime.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 8:13 PM on Dec. 18, 2010