Why does our teenager leave poop any and EVERYwhere? At the toilet, in bathroom floor, in bedroom floor, on towels, sheets, quilts!

He also is very destructive, breaks everything, wastes supplies, cleaners, meds! Is in counseling for anger issues.

greatgranny79

Asked by greatgranny79 at 7:57 PM on Dec. 18, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• He might have a digestive disorder. My son had something called encopresis when he was about 9 yrs old. The pediatricians wanted to give him depression meds but I knew it wasnt that. We where finally referred to a gasto pediatric doctor and she diagnosed it right away and he got on the right meds for it. Hope this helps Note,,,I just did spell check for encopresis and the computer doesnt even recognize this word, so I may have spelled it wrong.

beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 8:15 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• Sounds like he has a lot more issues than anger. The things you described can be clues to several psychological disorders. I would ask his current counselor for more evaluation on these issues.

GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:16 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• Seriously??

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:01 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• wow, not sure about this one. He obviously has some issues and uses poop to express himself. If it wasn't germy and full of bacteria I wouldn't be as bothered but that has serious health issues for the family. I'd be calling a counselor or doctor and get professional help for him

Answer by admckenzie at 8:04 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• That's a tough one. Maybe his room needs to be off limits to him, except solely for sleep.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 8:10 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• I completely agree with GrnEyedGrandma there is more going on there. Has he been seen by a psychiatrist?
    aitson

Answer by aitson at 8:27 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• A TEEN DOES THIS? I would tell him that if he poops everywhere like an animal he can sleep on the floor like an animal. Take everythign away until this stops
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 8:43 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• I agree with Grn Eyed Granny...this sounds like a psycholgical issue and he needs to be evaluated for more that anger issues. Taking everything away like JLS2388 suggested, is not going to do anything if it is a psychological disorder. Also, making a child sleep on the floor like an animal is a sure way to get CPS called on you.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:09 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• I think he needs to see a psychiatrist! Using feces for destruction is like "toxic" destruction. A psychiatrist would be able to help with the root of the problem!
    CayShek

Answer by CayShek at 1:00 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• My nephew used to do that a little bit. He had a very bad childhood and I suspected some sexual abuse. He also had ADHD and had not been treated for this until he was 15. My heart goes out to you and to him.
    newtocooking

Answer by newtocooking at 2:33 PM on Dec. 19, 2010