another question for women with 2+ kids.

so i am 36 weeks and 1 day with my second baby, she has dropped really low into my hips (can feel her there in-between my hips every single time i move), ive lost my mucus plug, and within 3 days i went from 0 dilation-0% effacement, high-tight-and hard to a "loose" 2cm, 75% effaced and very low and very soft. and i feel horrible. i feel so sick and nothing is helping me at all. my contractions are like 10 minutes apart (were like 15-20 minutes apart about an hour or two ago) and hurt like h3ll! did something like this happen to anyone else? any advice? i've been thinking labor is right around the corner but now im not so sure. i hope this shines at least a little bit of a light to the end of my tunnel. sorry if this doesnt make complete sense i am in a hurry while writing it. *please dont just tell me to go to the hospital. i have called my doctor and he said to come in when they are 3-5 minutes apart.*

teen_mommie101

Asked by teen_mommie101 at 7:59 PM on Dec. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• yeah, it's getting close. I would go anyway. There is no sense in you being miserable. Even if they only had you walk around the hospital that would feel better than just sitting around hurting.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:02 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• once you hit 36 weeks depending on your doc if you go into labor they will jsut let you go..which judging by what your dr said is what they are going to do.. so if you want her out and it sounds like she coming then start walking around even threw the conractions till they come closer together or they may become further apart. alo try taking a warm not hot but warm bath this can relax you and let this happen faster too. with my first baby i started going into labor at 30 weeks and they had to keep stopping it untill 37 weeks when they finally would let me go ..then she just decided to stay untill 39 weeks. : / but if you can type threw the contraction ro talk or walk then either there BH or just small contractins. get up and get going if they change or lighten up or stop when you change what you are doing...
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 8:06 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• You should be having your baby soon!! Congrats!!!
    aheuszel

Answer by aheuszel at 8:09 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• ITs comming pretty soon...cant wait to hear about this new littleone! GL
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 8:38 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• yes it does sound like you are in the beginning staged of labor, and I know it hurts but it will all be over soon. Relax, listen to music, watch a movie, get your stuff ready to go if you haven't already. Congrats and good luck !!
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 9:06 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• i cant go by timing the contractions cause for 2 weeks now they have been 3-5 minutes apart and about a minute long=/
    but i have a feeling tomorrow is the day. I'll keep everyone updated=]
    teen_mommie101

Comment by teen_mommie101 (original poster) at 10:31 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• make sure you are well hydrated have sex and try to take a nap lay down pillow between your knees and enjoy the remainder of your pregnancy by relaxing
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 10:45 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• well im drinking till i cant drink anymore. i cant have sex-hubby is in basic, i've tried naps with a pillow between my legs on my left and right side-doesnt do anything but make me feel even sicker. and its extremely hard to enjoy it when i like cant even move or anything half the time. =/
    teen_mommie101

Comment by teen_mommie101 (original poster) at 11:20 PM on Dec. 18, 2010