I am a housewife... vent

And would like to work doing something.
But I have a hubby who works and he likes me to stay home.
I feel like work might be a good thing for me so I can get out of the house.
So far I might have something where I will be baking to earn money, but I will still be home.
When that starts I hope these feelings of boredom subside.
Just really wanted to vent in a way.

tryin2BGOOD

Asked by tryin2BGOOD at 8:05 PM on Dec. 18, 2010 in Money & Work

• Vent girl.. but I say if you want to work more power to you.. it is in a mans nature to want to be the provider it makes him feel whole and respected and when he feels respected he feels loved....BUT then again how would he like to sit at home all day......
    lacyjay1987

Answer by lacyjay1987 at 8:10 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• I know how you feel I got a part time job in retail for a little while to earn some money and just to get out of the house a few nights a week. it has been good and I have met other people that dont have kids or just in different age ranges and its nice to have some variety! Plus i dont have to pay a babysitter b/c my hours are when myhubby gets home from work. Its also nice to have a place to go where you have to put makeup on lol! ( im loathing it now though b/c of the holidays and hours ick!) so.. I guess you cant win TOO much but it sure helped me for awhile!
    kelsbecca619

Answer by kelsbecca619 at 8:11 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• I went back to school and got a job and now have started my own company I graduate 2013 or early 2012 I would get the job it helps even if it is just a couple nights a week.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 8:21 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• I understand! Staying at home is the hardest job. I just hope it is worth it in the end.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 11:28 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• But I have a hubby who works and he likes me to stay home.

This is so sad. It should be a joint decision. How would your husband feel if you wanted him to stay at home? I could never have been married to a man that did not want me to be, do, contribute and know every bit as much as him-

Women are not second class citizens who should be relegated to being home-bound-

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 11:56 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I can relate, sister.
    sexyfancyface

Answer by sexyfancyface at 12:24 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I feel the same way. Hubby likes me home, but he accepts that I have potential to do great in the workforce and knows that it is what I want very badly, so he is helping me in my search for a job outside the home.. I haven´t had much luck,, but I am not looking for full time employment and hoping to be able to start with a company working from home as well. People tell me do hobbies, and this and that, but being home ALL THE TIME kills me. I love spending time with my son, but when I am home and in the situation we are in most of what I do is clean... I feel your pain, but talk to hubby and explain to him that even a part time position would do you good to be able to get out of the house 4 or 5 hours every day.... gl.
    Luisa621

Answer by Luisa621 at 11:53 PM on Dec. 19, 2010