Labor question.. thoughts that have been haunting me!

So i know from experience, after two births, whatever you are expecting to happen, just doesnt happen!... My two births were very different from eachother, so I know this one will be as well.

first one I was in labor for 56 hours. I was induced, and it just went so slow.
second was about 30-40 hours, and was very slow, again induced..had the fully bulb.. is that what its called? haha.. and all that stuff.. that one was way more painful however.

i had epidurals w/ both.. the first one just dragged on, but once i had the epidural and pushed, i dont remember serious pain, just hard core pressure

with my second, after the epi, i had HORRIBLE pains. It was the most pain i had ever felt in my life. They said they gave me the max amount, and they it was the amount they give to those who get C sections. WOW! I could even feel when they did the "test" and pricked you w/ something sharp on the belly, or your side. After it all was over, they told me some kind of nerve just didnt respond, and something was blocking the medicine and what not.. so i felt the pain in certain spots, and for me it just happened to be where all the contractions were and my lower area...

now, with this birth, i refuse to be induced, unless i seriously seriously have to.. and i am afraid if i get the epi that it wont work again......................... what if i had to get a c section.. would i seriously have had to feel them cut me open? Surely not, but what would they do in that rare case?

my back is STILL in pains from my labor... im super nervous

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:09 PM on Dec. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• If you had a c sections and after giving you what they thought twas the proper dosage and you still felt it they would just put you under with general anesthesia.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 8:12 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• Butterfly is right. There is no way you are going to feel them cut you open. That would make the 6 o'clock news if that ever happened...and it hasn't. So, stop scaring yourself, maybe this time, you will have your baby without inductions or C sections. HUGS
    Del672

Answer by Del672 at 8:22 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• No,they'd do a spinal block

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:11 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• If I were going through my first pregnancy right now this post would scare the life out of me...I hope all goes well for you. I had an emergency c-section with my first but they put me completely under. I don't remember much. GL to you

Dayija

Answer by Dayija at 8:16 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• lol! sorry.. i didnt even think about that.. i have horrible labors... all my friends have had labors NOTHING like mine, so for anyone reading this, I think im one of the lucky ones w/ terrible labors! haha
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:19 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• Avoiding induction is a great idea~
    You were trying to force your body to do something it wasn't ready for. (yet)
    The body can really fight back, fight against being forced.

I encourage you to get some coping strategies lined up~ are you preparing?
    Will you have help?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 8:31 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• the doctors wanted to induce for medical reasons, but also said it was up to me. I should have waited!

Im going to re take lamaze! I took it w/ the first and not the second and def. needed it the second.

will I have help..? Im def. not birthing this baby alone! haha! my husband and mother and mother in law will be there.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:32 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• if you have a c-section you won't feel anything, the other ladies are right it would be all over the news if you did. They wanted to induce me with my son, he was born two days before my appointment to have it done. if they want to induce you again I would ask them to hold off on it till the last possible day to give your baby a chance to come out on its own. I had an epidural with my first but not my second, it hurt more but the labor time was shorter and it took me less time to recover. Relax momma everything will be fine, hugs and good luck !!
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 9:02 PM on Dec. 18, 2010