When do I have to sleep on my side and not my back?

Yeah, me again... I've heard a lot of people wait until it's uncomfortable but is that safe>?

AshJoe05

Asked by AshJoe05 at 7:55 PM on Nov. 8, 2008 in Pregnancy

• just do what makes you comfortable.
    bubblebean

Answer by bubblebean at 7:56 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• ONCE THE BABY STARTS GETTING BIG IT CAN COMPRESS THE ARTERY THAT SUPPLIES BLOODFLOW TO YOUR PLACENTA.
    myboogiewoogie

Answer by myboogiewoogie at 7:56 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• my doc told me not to in the last month, she said it was OK until then because that's when baby is the biggest and it can put the most pressure on the veins and arteries. but I was always a side/tummy sleeper anyways so IDK :)
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 7:57 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• I just recently read that it's best to sleep on your side throughout your pregnancy. That the uterus is getting heavier and can constrict blood flow to the vital organs including the heart.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 7:58 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• Yeah start doing it early so you get used to it. It won't be comfortable to lie on your back anyway when you get really far along. My doc said because my baby is so big i have to take extra care cuz it will constrict blood flow and I could pass out and die.
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 8:01 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• marly- whoa! I didn't know that could really happen, I'm so glad you said that though...
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 8:05 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• Make sure you lay on your left side. I don't know the reason why but Docs say that and not just for pregnant women.

Christinemg0813

Answer by Christinemg0813 at 8:49 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• Im 26 weeks now! I still sleep on my stomach! The doctor told me not 2 really worry about it until its uncomfortable!
    Bethy08

Answer by Bethy08 at 9:50 PM on Nov. 8, 2008