pregnant & ice skating?

im pregnant, took my little one ice skating.. well actually my husband took her, i watched them, and i watched the ones that were too young to skate, however... i saw two pregnant chicks ice skating. im not one to tell people what to do.. but i was a little thrown off. i didnt even know they allowed that.

is it just like a skate at your own risk thing?? i thought it was like a you arent allowed to get on certain rollar coasters type thing, like literally would not be let on.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:38 PM on Dec. 18, 2010 in General Parenting

• I would never do that because I can't ice skate but those that can and have done it I don't see the big deal.
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 9:16 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• well your right its risky but if its something your used to doing i don't see why they would stop its like moms that still work out or swim or go jogging unless these moms have a history of miscarriage or along those lines of complicated pregnancy's heck go for it if the light of there crazy days are ice skating go for it . I dont by any means think its stupid what i think its stupid is moms that still smoke while pregnant
    hush84

Answer by hush84 at 9:09 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• Satying active is very healthy to do while you are pregnant. I don't think there is anything wrong with skating. Not the time to try out triple axles or fancy spins probably but just plain skating-why not.
    confused969

Answer by confused969 at 9:11 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• It's at your own risk. Some people ice skate extremely well and pregnancy does not stop them.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 8:48 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• As the others have said it is at your own risk. I played volleyball (on a team) while I was pregnant. My doctor gave me the okay for it.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 8:53 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• I skated, rode bikes, horses, went hiking, swimming... the list goes on. Pregnancy is not a medical condition, a disease, or a reason NOT to do things you did before you were pregnant- assuming you did them well (like skating).
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 9:19 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• its at your own risk
    Some have a waiver for you to sign. When I was younger I went roller skating alot and the rink had certain people sign one

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:40 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• these girls looked like they had never skated in their life.. kept falling, and were cracking up. lol.. it just seemed so off to me! big bellies too.. like looking almost due!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:49 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• Mel, "not worrying so much" like i mentioned in my post, I thought it wasnt allowed & was getting clairification. I cant stand when people make lame comments like that, if i was "worrying so much" id have called the police or something (:
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:57 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• yeah .. mine were all over due too :(
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:50 PM on Dec. 19, 2010