ripped/destroyed jeans...

are they a fashion do or don't?
(ex. Abercrombie & Fitch or Hollister)

Kamarias_mommy

Asked by Kamarias_mommy at 8:08 PM on Nov. 8, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• well, with my body type, I don't need any rips calling more attention to my large butt, hips and thighs :) LOL but I can see how they would look attractive on the right body shape...

IMO why would I want to buy something that is torn/broken/destroyed? :)
    Anonymous

• Maybe if you're in your teens or early 20s they're a do, but I don't know about women my age.

I don't know how old you are, but that should be a consideration.
    mwebb

Answer by mwebb at 8:11 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• I think they look like shit no matter what age you wear them. They look like you can't afford a good pair of jeans. I was voted Best Dressed in high school and I NEVER wore the ripped jeans. I wouldn't spend that much money on those brand name pants when you could get a pair at a cheaper store and do it yourself. Most of those clothes are ugly anyway. Lol.
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 8:18 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• I think right now rips aren't in at the moment. They were about 4 years ago, these days I don't see the girls at my college wearing them so much anymore.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 8:23 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• I prefer the naturally distressed jeans. Ya know..... the ones you wore so much the holes came naturally. I don't see the point in spending that much money for something that looks old. Same with the dirty looking jeans. They just look like they haven't been washed in a very long time.
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 9:06 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• A DONT DO IT! A DONT SPEND THE MONEY! A DONT LOOK BACK TO WHEN YOU WERE A TEEN! Im 21 and I have never owned a pair of A&F ripped jeans, I think they are tacky, and why bother putting money into a pair of jeans that are torn and worn! Some purposly put deffects in jeans look good but no tears and holes! PLEASE!
    Anonymous

• I used to wear em when I was in high school and I used to love them.
    Now I think they are more for teens!
    Nellie1986

Answer by Nellie1986 at 10:30 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• I think they are back in for teens anyway. My 14 yr old son likes to wear them.
    momma2merks

Answer by momma2merks at 8:56 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• i absolutely love torn jeans, just not too torn up and destroyed ya know, but i would never buy them from those places. Way too expensive.
    Anonymous

• my teens love them and i did once too but i dont understand now why you would buy a pair of jeans for like 150 dollars that look like you've already worn them atleast a thousand times already ! huh , teens are so weird .
    MOMMAof5_

Answer by MOMMAof5_ at 2:55 PM on Nov. 9, 2008