Is this normal after pregnancy?

I didn't have any serious problems with swelling during my pregnancy, but I just had my baby girl on Wednesday (Dec 15) and now my ankles are swollen, and my legs are tight, Is this normal? How long does it usually last? What can I do to help it...??

CarolinaMom2006

Asked by CarolinaMom2006 at 9:02 PM on Dec. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• lay on the couch or bed with a pillow under your feet that same thing happened to me and i was told to keep my feet elevated believe me it worked your body is just adjusting threw the drastic change it just went your feet and ankles had gotten used to carrying your baby and now its not there any more so it will be out of wack for a bit
    hush84

Answer by hush84 at 9:04 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• Yes, normal.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 9:07 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• Yup, thats what happened to me. I would wear socks and I would wake up with little puddles of water at my ankles
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 9:09 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• that happened with my first child. I kept cleaning and doing stuff but if you can elevate your legs.
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 9:13 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• It is normal. Give it a few days and it should go away.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 9:17 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• I had that problem too after having my son. I slept with my feet on a pillow to help.
    Sillieguze

Answer by Sillieguze at 9:22 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• YEs, very normal. You prob had Iv fluids and in addition to that your body is trying to regulate itself. Drink plent of water!!!!!!! Keep your feet elevated as much as possible.
    crazy4u49033

Answer by crazy4u49033 at 9:31 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• how many IV bags did u get? you will start going pee alot soon (I would wake in the night and pee forever) It will go away soon!
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 9:31 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• I had the poticin...and then i had just one regular saline iv and then i had 2 bags of caffeine iv's...
    CarolinaMom2006

Comment by CarolinaMom2006 (original poster) at 9:33 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• It took me about 5 days after I had my baby for the swelling to go down. I had him on the 10th.
    Candie2008

Answer by Candie2008 at 9:51 PM on Dec. 18, 2010