• In the Spotlight:

HAVING A FEVER EVERYDAY DURING PREGNANCY?

I HAVE A EFVER ALMOST EVERY DAY, TODAY IT JUST SEEMS TO BE WORSE ALL OF THE SUDDEN. I'M BURING UP AND JUST ACHE ALL OVER IM ONLY 8 WKS WITH BABY#5 BUT I'VE NEVER FELT LIKE THIS BEFORE . DOES ANYONE ELSE FEEL LIKE THIS OR HAS ANYONE FELT LIKE THIS DURING UR PREGNANCIES? IS IT NORMAL? SHOULD I GOTO THE ER? OR AM I JUST OVERREACTING?

lala91172

Asked by lala91172 at 8:10 PM on Nov. 8, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I would at least call the doctor.

fever indicates that your body is trying to fight something...an infection most likely but in some rare cases the body can consider a baby as a threat and be attacking it.
    Anonymous

• you are def. NOT overreacting. Fever isnt good at all, especially not when you are pregnant. Call your doctor please.

i have to agree with anonymous answer:
    "fever indicates that your body is trying to fight something...an infection most likely but in some rare cases the body can consider a baby as a threat and be attacking it."
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 8:14 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• What is the fever?
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 8:15 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• doesnt matter what the fever is... a fever is a fever and not good at all. if her temp. would only be a tiny bitty different to usualy she wouldnt say fever and would worry... i guess so at least lol
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 8:19 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• Whenever you have a fever its not good especially when your pregnant. Go to the doctor asap. What m.robertson811 said is what I was thinking. But we don't know. I don't want to scare you. I'm not a doctr that's why you should go see the doctor/
    longisland

Answer by longisland at 8:27 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• WELL actually is it's still under 101 the doc won't do anything, it's not even really considered a fever. Been there done that but you can go to the doc if you are a least bit worried!
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 8:29 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• I didnt experience it at all with my son but i am currently 22 weeks prego and feel that way sometimes.. i asked and my doctor told me its easy to get overheated when you are expecting and just try to stay cool and if it gets too bad then go to the doc!!
    mommydabbs

Answer by mommydabbs at 9:22 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• It depends on other symptoms. A low grade fever by itself can be uncomfortable, but if the mother also has elevated blood pressure or too low blood pressure, it can be cause for concern. Definately call your primary care and find out what to do next.
    Anonymous

• My husband and I had been trying for a baby for 6 years in total. Theres places online you can chart your temperature, it goes up a degree or so after you ovulate etc. For me, pre-ovulation was around 97.1F and after ovulation, it was around 98.2F. When I got pregnant, my temp would average between about 98.9 and 100.2F. Not a fever, its normal in pregnancy. Though if you also have symptoms of a flu or something, Tylenol is safe to take...no cold and sinus stuff though.
    Anonymous

• I run a steady 99.4 while I'm pregnant, both times...and this is a little elevated from my non-pregnant norm. It doesn't sound like that is your only symptom though if you're achy too. I would go to the dr because the other posters are right...it COULD be serious and its not worth the risk of not knowing.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 9:49 PM on Nov. 8, 2008