Car Trip Help

Hey guys this might seem like a stupid question but I really need some tips or tricks.

My daughter is 8 months old...she is a very fantastic store baby, she sits in the cart or the Moby and doesn't try to grab things off the shelfs...YET. My problem is she is an awful car baby. She screams and cries when I put her in the car seat, seems to be okay until I have to stop for a red light or if I am in the car for more then 10 minutes. I have tried giving her a paci, a lovey (stuffed animal), her blanket, I put one of those activity mirrors in, a music cd. but nothing seems to work to keep her happy, she just screams and cries.

Any advice would be welcome.

Momma2Miranda

Asked by Momma2Miranda at 9:42 PM on Dec. 18, 2010 in General Parenting

• I turned her carseat around an put her in the middle she was able to see me and talk with me now she is a beautiful car rider she will sit in the car for hours as long as she can see me :)
    premiemom18

Answer by premiemom18 at 1:08 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Is she still in the infant seat? Maybe go ahead and switch to a rear-facing convertible seat so she can sit a little more upright. Some babies prefer it. Also, maybe something soft that keeps her busy with things to open and close, take in and out, something that makes noises etc. Good luck!
    RozyMama

Answer by RozyMama at 9:59 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• My oldest was like that. She was miserable during car rides, and nothing seemed to help, except exhaustion, when she'd finally sleep. I used to be a nervous wreck driving with her in the car. My other kids were easily entertained. Later I found out that my daughter had serious motion sickness, and giving her medication changed things drastically. Makes me wonder if that was her problem as a baby, and if so, could something have been prescribed for a little one. I would ask the pediatrician. It can't hurt.
    cmlkb

Answer by cmlkb at 10:03 PM on Dec. 18, 2010