Out of curiosity

I wonder how many of the people who insist Harry Potter is evil are curled up with the family in front of TNT watching the Wizard of Oz tonight...

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 9:42 PM on Dec. 18, 2010 in Religious Debate

• LoL! Probably a whole lot of them, and they're the same ones who have their dvd libraries stocked with all the Disney movies, especially the Disney Princess ones ('cuz ya know those don't got no magic in them or nothin').
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 9:51 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• laughingTrue!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:43 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• i dunno about the Wizard of Oz but most all of them are okay with The Lion, Witch, and The Wardrobe...cause theres NO magic in that *rolls eyes*
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:10 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• There are 2 witches in OZ, and they both perform magic. There are flying monkeys, a talking tin man, lion and scarecrow...

As for Potter, it doesn't "teach" magic either. You can't watch the movie then start practicing magic and turn someone into a frog....Its a fictional story about a boy with magical powers..It doesn't teach that everyone can be magic.

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:44 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• LMAO!! or watched Sabrina the Teenage Witch as a child...or Care Bears... or Smurfs!!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:44 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• I learn so much on here, lol
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 12:21 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I don't know, but the Wizard of Oz is worse! Some of the parts even scare me, lol! There's a creepy feeling throughout the entire movie. I love it though! :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 9:45 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• IDK ... but it seems to me that if one is going to complain about the evils of Harry Potter, they aught to be complaining about the evils in every movie Hollywood has been putting out.
    -Eilish-

Answer by -Eilish- at 9:55 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• laughing

beeky

Answer by beeky at 10:01 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• Probably a whole lot of them, and they're the same ones who have their dvd libraries stocked with all the Disney movies, especially the Disney Princess ones ('cuz ya know those don't got no magic in them or nothin').

I know someone that does not like those movies because they think it portrays women as needing to be saved by men... I just see them as movies and if they entertain me, I like them- if they don't then I don't watch them.
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 10:08 PM on Dec. 18, 2010