hurting

Ever since I had my son, like 2 months ago, my left thumb has been locking up and hurting real bad. Today was the ultimate worst pain I have had in my hand. It locks up and will not bend, it hurts. I am only 20 and am wondering if it could be arthritis. I am not too sure. I have been trying to get an appointment with my doctor, but have not been able to.

aserran4

Asked by aserran4 at 8:17 PM on Nov. 8, 2008 in Health

• sounds like arthritis.
    Anonymous

• Are you left handed? Breast feeding? I am asking because if could also be a cramp? or a lack of calcium? I have never heard of this before.
    CK45

Answer by CK45 at 8:24 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• I am right handed and not breastfeeding. I take a calcium supplement every day. So I dont think that's it.
    aserran4

Answer by aserran4 at 8:29 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• it might be carpul tunnel.My thumb does'nt lock up it goes numb and throbs,or tingles.Good luck,hope you get straightened out.
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 8:46 PM on Nov. 8, 2008