It's offical. I have no common sense. How about you?

So a few days ago, my son's basketball coach e-mailed me to let me know that practice had been moved to 12 o'clock today. Last night I got a call from the coach to tell me this also. I told him that I knew and we would be there. He said that he was just calling to make sure that everyone got the e-mail since not many people replied. I really wanted to thump myself on the head and say to myself "You idiot, the polite thing would have been to e-mail him back to confirm". Sometimes, I have no common sense at all. How about you?

JeremysMom

Asked by JeremysMom at 9:55 PM on Dec. 18, 2010 in Just for Fun

• If the email doesn't say to confirm, then I wouldn't think of it either.

Answer by Bmat at 9:56 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• I'm bad at social things like that

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:56 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• Yeah my common sense can be a little lacking... I wouldn't have thought of it either.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:58 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• I'm with Bmat if it didn't say to confirm I wouldn't reply.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 9:58 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• I don't think of announcements as requests for replies.

If he'd asked everyone to respond, and you didn't, that would be one thing. But him giving you information isn't a request for anything. He's confused. Not you.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 9:59 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• I wouldn't have responded either, lol Sounds to me he really wasted time sending e-mails since he called too, lol
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 10:02 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• I just went through this myself with choir. The booster pres called me to confirm that I got the email. He hadnt asked for a reply so I hadnt replied back...lol
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 10:03 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• I have been told that I don't have any common sense.
    shortcake120

Answer by shortcake120 at 11:34 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• I don't think that means you lack common sense- If there isn't a request for confirmation most people probably wouldn't email a response- most people dont' get there email right away, or rarely check it to begin with- it isn't really effective unless everyone checks there email regularly, They should ask how people prefer to be contacted then there wouldn't be emails and calls- kinda time consuming considering you know people didn't answer their phone either- oops sorry, but that makes me crazy..... :)
    lovemylilman06

Answer by lovemylilman06 at 8:44 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I wouldn't think that you are lacking in common sense. I would think he is. If he hadn't requested a reply to his email, what made him think that he would get confirmation replies back?
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 8:45 AM on Dec. 19, 2010