Oh I am so stressed out :( adult content

Our cars are both skrewed. One of the cars is ours and the other is a friends car that we borrowed. Our car needs a new motor (about 2750 dollar job) and the other needs an alternator(300 dollar job). We still pay payments on our car (195 monthly).

We break even every month right now. To finance our car getting fixed it will cost 500 up from and 300 per month for 9 months, or we can just pay it off with income tax returns.

We would fix the other car but his friend doesn't have it registered any more, it expired, and I am at my whits end.

I can't take walking extra far anymore in the rain. My son can't even go to any of his play dates. We have been with out a car for 4 months. OOOOOHHHHHH I am just ready to blow my lid.

When this happens, my SO has had 4 months to get his shit together for this car and he hasn't, I get like a drill sergeant, nothing gets passed me, I start to dictate bills, I get snappy, etc. I am really stressing out.

He has so much debt, is getting sued, and is acting like he's a fucking baby. I am ready to just cut his lazy ass loose. It's enough that all of the money goes to his fucking bills, I never see a dime of my own check, but if I ditch him I will have nothing to worry about, absolutely no debt. It's tempting, never thought I'd leave him because of money, but the stress is breaking me down.

Help!!!I don't know where to begin or what to do anymore

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:10 PM on Dec. 18, 2010 in Relationships

• im sorryhugs

bratgirln1

Answer by bratgirln1 at 4:17 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Are you married? If not, his debts are not your responsibility. Give him his bills and have him pay them. If he doesn't take care of things it is his fault, not yours. You keep your money, pay your bills and expenses. Put them some aside to buy your own car so you don't have to depend on him to have the car.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 11:12 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• You answered your own question and solved your problem.Leave you can do better on your own anyway what's the problem?
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 11:53 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• does he work at all? if he doesn't leave his a$$ no joke! i was in that situation a while back but he worked, he just had so much cs and too many worries
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 10:18 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• yes he works but it's not enough.
    I have no kind words to describe him any more besides to say he is patient, obviously too fucking patient because he has had his car sitting at a fucking mechanics for 4 months and he hasn't come up with the money to fix it. I told him if he didn't have a plan to get the car running and soon, before i start this other job which I will need the car for, he can sleep his ass outside, at a friends house, at a girls house, I don't even care anymore, just get the fuck away from me before I become a lunatic and start being the biggest bitch anyone has ever seen.

I am slowly but steadily becoming more and more disgusted with his inability to be a man.

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:25 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• oh nim so so sorry to hear darl thats very stressfull i dont know what to say to help but i have been stressed as well!!!!.....
    Lisa_7777

Answer by Lisa_7777 at 11:13 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• I don't just leave because I can't deal with him being a prick. He doesn't even pay for his bills now, he defintily will not help later, he has made that clear. And I mean help with childcare, we depend on one another to make sure our LO is being watched over at all times, cannot afford day care, so if I give him the cold shoulder, trust me, he will cause me to lose my job. It's happened 3 times in the past.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:00 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I am sorry to hear you are soo stressed out! ((hugs)) Maybe suggest debt counseling for him. That might give the guidance he needs to get on the right track.
    blessedwithree

Answer by blessedwithree at 12:31 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Hmmm i sure hate this for you. I know what you mean though. I just sent my ex boyfriend of 5 years packing cause i need a real man. One who can pay bills, not be a wus and be that emotinal rock i need instead of me always havin to take care of his babified ass! I hope you get this figured out....evaluate how much he is really worth to you!
    harris4

Answer by harris4 at 12:34 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Do you have any friends or relatives that will watch your LO while you work? Sure, keeping the guy around for now allows you to work without struggling to find a sitter but sooner or later its going to bite you in the butt. His problems will continue dragging you down until your situation is much worse.

As for the car, does that cost include replacing the part & labor? Or simply the labor? If you can, try to network & make some mechanic friends. You may be able to find a replacement motor at a scrapyard & find someone to do the manual work. Definitely would be cheaper that way.
    crystaLuv

Answer by crystaLuv at 12:37 AM on Dec. 19, 2010