my daughters a month old and shes been on 5 formulas what now ? shes been on regular enfamil then enfamil ar then enfamil gentlease and then enfamil prosobee and now the nutrimigen and still spitting up alot and i mean alot plus shes on axid for acid reflux ?

kykynabbysmommy

Asked by kykynabbysmommy at 10:10 PM on Dec. 18, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• did you try enphamil for spit ups? that help my daughter but wic wont cover it so shes on good start gentel plus and we add rice ceral to her bottle.
    babbykrissy

Answer by babbykrissy at 10:13 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• That's a lot of formula changes for a baby that old. That can't be easy on her stomach, and that may be why she's having problems. My son spit up a lot, but his doctor said he was perfectly healthy and that it was normal, and it subsided after a little while. I'd talk to the doctor again and see if they can recommend one, then give her a chance to adjust to it.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:14 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• Have you thought about relactation, possibly in conjunction with diet change just as a preventative measure? At the very least, the spit up won't be nearly as gross (And neither will the poops!).
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 10:15 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• I would call your dr. and have them recommend one and then stick with it for at least 3 weeks. Babies that young have a hard time with formula in general-it is just harder on their little tummies than breast milk so by switching that often you might actually be irritating the problem more. It will take a few weeks to adjust to the right formula it just needs time.
    AshleyBishop06

Answer by AshleyBishop06 at 10:19 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• yes, how long in between the changning of formulas? its not good to change so often, give the new formula at least a wk or 2 to do its job-bc its harsh on babies belly. and the enfamil for spit-up its called A.R. and my wic covers it
    JaydnsMom22

Answer by JaydnsMom22 at 10:19 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• she spits up with my milk also because i am still producing milk so we are gonna try and give this one a chance i am going to try and give it 2 weeks or more and see and see if it was just a little bit of spit up yeah thats fine but i am talking she spits up everything she eats and thats 3 ounces
    kykynabbysmommy

Comment by kykynabbysmommy (original poster) at 10:19 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• Sounds like too many formula changes first of all. You should also consider trying a different brand of formula all together. My oldest daughter could not keep down Similac or Enfamil. I went to Wal-Mart and purchased Parent's Choice with Added Rice Starch & she held that down without a problem.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 10:34 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• has she been checked for pyloric stenosis? you sound an awful lot like what my dd sounded like.....check it out Mama
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 10:38 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• one of my boys would spit up alot and the doctor was trying a bunch of formulas he is on elecare right now and has been for awhile no more spit up he dose not have to be on anything for acid reflux nothing . Ele care is a medical food so you have to order it online or get your doctor to write you out a prescription for it
    devinalexis

Answer by devinalexis at 10:53 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• Please please please join one of the breast feeding mothers' groups. There are many women there who have dealt with serious stomach issues and found a way to nurse that solved it.

ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:40 PM on Dec. 18, 2010