Do all puppies have worms

I heard all puppies have worms and need to be dewormed

togo90210

Asked by togo90210 at 10:39 PM on Dec. 18, 2010 in Pets

• yes they need to be dewormed its passed from the mom to the puppy
    devinalexis

Answer by devinalexis at 10:43 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• No, they don't always get them however it is very common so deworming is very important for puppies. There are some worms that kids can get so deworming should be done.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 10:45 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• No,all puppies do not have worms.If the mother has them she can/will pass them on to the pups.My girls are checked before they are bred and so far I have not had a litter that had worms.
    Tikismom

Answer by Tikismom at 10:49 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• Thanks for asking I have a puppy and I think we have a worm issue I just need to get to the feed store to buy the stuff.
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 10:54 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• my confusion is my puppies sister had worms but the parents did not.
    the parents lived with the pups until 6 weeks...so if the sister had the worms but the parents did not.
    so my guess is there would be a small chance of there being worms....
    and I worry about all of us getting them too...
    togo90210

Comment by togo90210 (original poster) at 10:55 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• don't know sorry
    onaugh

Answer by onaugh at 11:22 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Some worms, like the common roundworms can be passed onto humans. That is why children especially should always wash their hands after playing with animals. It is not very common to get the worms from the pupppy, but it can happen.

Worms are very common and easily removed with meds. Make sure you have another fecal checked after the meds because sometimes it takes more than one round to get rid of them!
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 1:57 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Yes all puppies have worms and need to be wormed, its usually just roundworms and you can buy medicine over the counter
    Momabear455

Answer by Momabear455 at 7:53 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• They are really susceptible to them, over here in the UK we are required to worm puppies every month until 6 months and then every 3 months after that.
    little.knickers

Answer by little.knickers at 2:49 PM on Dec. 20, 2010