my baby threw up

My baby is 16 days old and 3 days ago i feeding him and I had him laying there and I was talking to him and he starting spewing formula in the air. Then he did it again tonight when i layed him down he started spewing everywhere. Why is he doing this? Could he be eating too much. If it was his formula wouldnt it be happening everyday? I need advice. I feel so bad for him.

ahsweetness

Asked by ahsweetness at 10:40 PM on Dec. 18, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• how much are you feeding him one of my boys would do that if he ate to much
    devinalexis

Answer by devinalexis at 10:46 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• You may be having a problem because you are laying him straight on his back. My second daughter had issues with having gas in her belly from eating so even though we burped her after feedings we still had to have her sit up for a while after wards. We would set her up on our shoulder as you do when you are burping them. That helped her. Good luck and congrats on the new baby! :)
    BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 10:51 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• probably ate too much!!! hang in there, projectile vomiting is something youll need to get used to
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 10:52 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• keep him sitting up on your shoulder for at least 30 minutes after he eats and walk around --dont put him to lay down
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 10:52 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• He is probably eating far too much at once.

Make sure, when you hold the bottle, that it in positioned so your baby has to actively suck to get anything out --not inverted over his face so he can swallow or drown. This correct positioning will enable him to turn away when he's done.

The fact that bottles come in 4 and 8oz sizes has nothing at all to do with any human baby. Their stomachs are about the size of their fists--if you can imagine how distended even 4oz would make something that tiny...
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 10:54 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• Thanks u guys!!!
    ahsweetness

Comment by ahsweetness (original poster) at 11:00 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• it sounds like your feeding him to much
    wowiemommy

Answer by wowiemommy at 1:06 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Yup, sounds like he's eating too much.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 2:30 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I would try burping him and having him against youor sitting up for a few mins before just laying him down. If it keeps up call his pedi. :)
    jillrebecca3

Answer by jillrebecca3 at 3:45 AM on Dec. 19, 2010