Well, I just got done bawling my eyes out. This is just a reminder of how lucky most of us are.

I was looking at Christmas videos on Youtube and came across this video. Have you heard of the little boy named Dax who was diagnosed with leukemia at 13 months and how the town got together to give him one last Christmas?

This was so touching, but broke my heart. I keep thinking of my son and what some parents go through and it kills me. My 14 month old son is in his crib and I think I'm going to go wake him up and hug and hold him. I seriously was crying hard after watching this, lol. I'm glad my husband wasn't home when I watched it!

This could go in the Entertainment category, I guess, but it deals with the story of how people all over the world gave him a last Christmas, so I'm putting it in holidays.

I'm thinking of my healthy child and realizing that there is NOTHING more that I could ask for this holiday season. I have him and that is EVERYTHING to me! So many of us are SO lucky!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ye39mgcHC3E

LovingSAHMommy

Asked by LovingSAHMommy at 11:09 PM on Dec. 18, 2010 in Holidays

• Most of us are blessed so much more than we realize.
    Sandyr911

Answer by Sandyr911 at 11:14 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• We are. That's why every time something bothers me or I get upset, I look at my son, and I realize that I am so, so blessed.
    LovingSAHMommy

Comment by LovingSAHMommy (original poster) at 11:19 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• I'm not going to watch the video because I'm already sure I can't handle it but I know what you mean. I see things like that and just want to hold my son and never let go. I know parents of sick kids wonder why they are the ones going through it, but sometimes I wonder why I got so lucky to have a healthy child when others don't. It breaks my heart to think of what they're going through.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 11:23 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• My SO tends to look at what we do not have when we struggle or things just aren't working and I am like BUT we have 3 healthy and good kids. I think of that when I want to complain or when I hear of sick kids or a kid even losing a parent. Its all so sad....We are blessed!
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 11:25 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• I find so many things online that make me so so sad for people all over the world.
    HeartsCombined

Answer by HeartsCombined at 11:28 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• I'm not going to watch the video because I'm already sure I can't handle it but I know what you mean."

Yea, I didn't handle it too well myself.
    LovingSAHMommy

Comment by LovingSAHMommy (original poster) at 11:37 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• I saw that a few weeks ago and couldnt stop crying and it made dd upset she kept tellin me "mama sad, dont cry, your okay" I honestly dont think I would make it if something like that ever happened to my baby. Those families are so strong and it gives you hope for humanity whhen you hear about a whole town getting together on something like that.
    Rockabye

Answer by Rockabye at 11:51 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• It makes you realize how precious life really is. When I see things like that I cry too.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:38 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I am currently on bedrest due to premature rupture of the membranes at 18 weeks. I have now been here a week waiting to go into labor and deliver and say good bye to our son at the same time. I have had alot of time to reflect this week and am feeling (among other things) incredibly blessed.
    People dont realize that the smallest gestures really help people pull through tragedy. To have family bring me books, friends bring me cookies and to see my Husband fetch my water and wash and comb my hair means more to me than they will ever know. My Mom even shaved my legs for me! In a time where words fall short and there is literally NOTHING anybody can do to ease the pain, just knowing that there is support surrounding me is so helpful.
    I love stories like this....
    P.S.....if you are a nurse, THANK YOU. Your job requires a very special breed. My nurses have been angels....
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 2:42 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Definitely sad.

Families suffer traumatic losses every day. Too many go blindly about their lives, never bothering to see the pain of others. People are hurting all around you.
    Gaccck

Answer by Gaccck at 7:26 AM on Dec. 19, 2010