Do you have a baby shower for your third child?

A lot of people say you don't need a shower since you are on your third child. What do you think?

kim0167

Asked by kim0167 at 11:11 PM on Dec. 18, 2010 in General Parenting

• Every baby needs a welcoming party!!!! No matter how many kids you have you always need something.
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 11:14 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• Do you throw one for yourself, or ask someone to throw it for you? No. Do you accept one if someone wants to? Sure, why not? If someone else is against you having another one they simply don't have to come!
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 11:13 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• Well, way back when I had my kids, it was only customary to have a shower for your first. I know that my aunt had one for her fourth child though because it had been about 9 years in between her kids.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:14 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• I think it depends on how far apart he/she is from your other ones and if he/she is a different sex...Like if your are pregnant and your 2nd child is 10...or you have 2 girls and now are having a boy...

IMO, just as long as you are not throwing one for yourself or asking someone to throw it for you, it doesn't matter...
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 11:14 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• Had 3 children and only had one shower. That's how our family does it. If you're planning on having more, then keep what you have.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:23 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• YES!! Have a shower.

The little/later kids like to see that there is/was equal ceremony around their birth. Just because they weren't the first doesn't mean you won't need anything for them...that's just theirs. Have the shower. :-D
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 11:40 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• I think if people are going to keep having children they should plan and save for them and not expect others to fund their family growth. I'm sorry if that sounds mean but it's my opinion
    Anonymous

• thank you all for your answers as they were very informative. anon i do take your answer to heart and agree that you should plan and prepare for children that you want to have. I believe that a baby shower should be about celebrating the baby that is about to be born
    kim0167

Comment by kim0167 (original poster) at 12:58 AM on Dec. 19, 2010