What to do? Please Help

i went to the dr and found out im in labor but its taking forever to get it actually goin im hurting so bad this is my 4th so i dont understand why its takin so long however i was induced with my other 3 due to different reasons does anyone have any ideas on how i can speed this process up i wanna get back to my normal life and id like to do it with my baby in my arms

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:52 PM on Dec. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• How far along are you and do you know your dilation, etc?
    Many women experience prodromal labor before having actual labor.
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 12:13 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• im 37 weeks today and when i went to the dr wendsday he said i wasnt dialating but im in labor its common to be in labor and the contractions arnt strong enough to dialate you well ive gotten worse over the last couple of days last night i went to the potty and heard something pop inside my body with no aches or no change in anyting but it worries me my mom said it could be my mucus plug but i havnt seen any sign of it i just want my baby to be healthy but i also want to be able to take care of my other 3 kids
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:20 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• not sure but ill bump for you :)
    shanapiv

Answer by shanapiv at 12:42 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• While I'm sure you'd be more comfortable if you were not pregnant at all, having a baby faster (or earlier) than natural has a lot of nasty side effects. It is much riskier to do things to 'speed up' a natural labour than it is inconvenient to be labouring relatively gently for 5 days. I know you have a lot of important things to do in your life, but risking your life and your baby's life is probably not really high on your list.

We seek to control things outside our control, and create tremendous problems as a result. It is 'normal' today in the US for the mom and baby death rate in birthing to be HIGHER than it is in India. Perhaps there is something wrong...
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 12:46 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I'm not sure either but I'll bump you. My DD ws induced and she was in labor from a Thursday to Sat. and then the epidural didn't take , too much to go thru, and too much to watch. Good Luck
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 12:48 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• well have you tried walking? sex? bouncing on a birthing ball? those are all i can think of right now.....how old are your other kiddos? just curious...
    MamaSusieQ045

Answer by MamaSusieQ045 at 12:59 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• my others are 4 3 and 1 well she will actually be 2 in march and ive tried walking and sex but the baby is so low that i cant do to much walking and stuff and sex just outright hurts in all positions when the dr checked me to see if i was dialating he had to push the baby up and it hurts something feirce but she keeps going right back down i know being 37 wks my baby is considered full term now so she will be fine i just want to kinda speed things up cause this constant labor on and off is really painful i cant eat i cant sleep its hard to move around too much ugh id call my dr again but there isnt much he can do for me right now or much he wants to do for me right now
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:54 AM on Dec. 19, 2010