Can an artificial Christmas tree be spray painted?

I have a white artificial tree and am wondering if it is possible to spray paint it another color. Any ideas would be helpful. Thanks!!!!!!

foreverb3

Asked by foreverb3 at 8:44 PM on Nov. 8, 2008 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I don't see why not... I think it would prolly turn out ok...Let me nkow how it turns out if you decide to do it:o)
    emturner

Answer by emturner at 8:47 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• yea i think it will work...make sure u do it outside tho...lol
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 11:44 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• Yep! sure you can I am sure it will look great what color are you going to spray it?
    monica277

Answer by monica277 at 5:27 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• First, I want to thank you all for answering me. I really am undecided about the color but to be honest my first thought was to just spray it green but then I thought if I am going to go to all the trouble I might as well make it something really original. LOL I am going to go look at the different spray paints and see what I come up with. I will post again when I decide. Thanks again.
    foreverb3

Answer by foreverb3 at 8:21 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• Well I would think, first , are you putting lights on it, then the lights may get hot.. So becareful of a fire hazzard. I personlly would NOT paint a tree like that, due to the high risk of fires.. Secondly. You could probably go to a christmas store, ( they are located everywhere) and or a Like dillards, macys, jcpenneys, they may have a small colored tree, I went to walmart, they have all kinds of colored trees, pink, purple, green, all kinds... So please if you decide to paint it, ask the piant guy to give you the fire resitant paint. home depot sells it..
    mosaickathy

Answer by mosaickathy at 11:41 PM on Nov. 14, 2008