Hi im a first time mom and im concern that my baby is being overfeed hes going to be 2 months on tuesday and hes eating 6 oz of formula every 3 to 4 hours is that overfeeding him or its just fine at this age his doctor told me to do less formula like 4 oz every 3 to 4 hours but he cries alot i would love to have second opinon what do you think

ludivinaleal

Asked by ludivinaleal at 11:58 PM on Dec. 18, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think all babies are so different but what was same with my three and niece is that they let me know when they were full. I fed them no more or no less. Go with your gut and he will let you know when he is full. Take time burping to let tummy settle a little if you think he is overeating. But i am sure you are doing great!
    harris4

Answer by harris4 at 12:01 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• its ok thats normal dont worry all babys have alot i guess but your not overfeeding bubb is hungry thats all it is
    Lisa_7777

Answer by Lisa_7777 at 12:02 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• that is about how much my son ate, and when I tried to scale back he was super fussy because he was hungry. If he isn't spitting it all back up then he isn't over eating.
    AshleyBishop06

Answer by AshleyBishop06 at 12:10 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• All three of my boys were taking 6-8 oz at a time at 2 months. They also slept through the night, so they would eat more during the day. I think that if he is taking that much formula, then that is how much he needs.
    A.Perry

Answer by A.Perry at 6:27 PM on Dec. 21, 2010