my daug is 4 she doesn't behave how can i discipline her

she is very sweet and loving but i have to tell her things 10 times for her to do it

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:59 PM on Dec. 18, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I think that is just the age!..lol my kids were same way and my niece is four also and does same thing!
    harris4

Answer by harris4 at 12:02 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• depending on what your asking.. if its me wanting him to pick up toys or eat i just let him not do it.. then when hes hungry/wants his new toys he will do it...
    2boysmommy.js

Answer by 2boysmommy.js at 12:12 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Mine turned 6 years old and i tell her to do things over and over and still she dosent. what i do is i make her do what i want her to do i am trying to teach her to listin from the first time. she knows know she better listin or..... she knows.
    nadin8

Answer by nadin8 at 12:13 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Did you install the Voice Command Package?

It is unreasonable to expect a small child to act as if she were a robot. You can encourage her to help out, you can ask her to cooperate and you can set up her environment so behaving well is easier than doing things you don't want her to do... but you cannot control her. You don't have the command language and she doesn't have strings.

She's a person. With an opinion. You might feel that your opinion (about what she is to do and when) is much, much more important than her opinion of the same things... but you're unlikely to have a child who agrees with you, at least not without about 4 years of extremely authoritarian parenting, including isolation, bribery, punishment and withdrawl of affection.

I would strongly recommend you read Alfie Kohn's Unconditional Parenting.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 1:14 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I love the comment by LindaClement! Couldnt have said it better myself!
    AingealsBabies

Answer by AingealsBabies at 8:44 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• What LindaClement said, she said it perfectly. I was going to say that you need to TEACH her how to behave or teach her what is appropriate and what isn't. She is not a mini adult who automatically knows what is expected and how to do it.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:07 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I never said I want to control my daug I said I need it help to discipline her when she misbehaves.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:26 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• i have a 4 yr. old little boy who is the same way....it has to be just that age.....
    SMALLfry05

Answer by SMALLfry05 at 12:08 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Its definitely the age but time out, tv time taken away, her favorite toy is taken until she can control her self :)
    premiemom18

Answer by premiemom18 at 2:41 AM on Dec. 21, 2010