Hi im a first time mom and im concern that my baby is being overfeed hes going to be 2 months on tuesday and hes eating 6 oz of formula every 3 to 4 hours is that overfeeding him or its just fine at this age his doctor told me to do less formula like 4 oz every 3 to 4 hours but he cries alot i would love to have second opinon what do you think

ludivinaleal

Asked by ludivinaleal at 12:03 AM on Dec. 19, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think that's how much my daughter was eating at that age. I think your baby is perfectly fine.. all babies are different and eat different ounces at different ages. :)
    proudmommy690

Answer by proudmommy690 at 12:05 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• well my babies ate that much at that age so i think your doing fine you cant always listen to others you have to use your better judgement depending on how your baby is acting
    secret_shadows

Answer by secret_shadows at 12:09 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• If your baby is hungry feed her..she might be going through a growth spurt. She might eat less next week. I wouldn't worry about her weight unless she is super huge and your doctor is concerned. Fat babies are healthy babies!
    tobys.mommy

Answer by tobys.mommy at 12:10 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Why is your baby crying? I'd tackle that first. Might be a reason and it might not be hunger.
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 12:11 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• That does sound like an aweful lot for her age. My son ate 4 ounces at that age. Myabe try a pacifer?
    mommytoJames512

Answer by mommytoJames512 at 12:14 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I'm sorry, I just realized you have a boy. Sorry for saying 'her."
    mommytoJames512

Answer by mommytoJames512 at 12:16 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• My son, ate like a Champ as well. We always thought he was eating too much but he was perfect weight he just ate a lot. I dont remember 2 months but I know at 4 he was eating 8 ounces at a time! I used to always freak out thinking he was eating too much. My daughter is heading i nthe same direction... shes now 4 months and eats about 6 ounces ever 2-3 hours. :) Theyre growning. Hope that helps. ;)
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 12:16 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• My son was like that too he wouldnt stop craying until i put the bottle in his moth and guss what he is now 5 and still do cry for food and no matter how much i put on his plate he will eat it an if i dont stop him he will never have enough.
    nadin8

Answer by nadin8 at 12:18 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• That sounds about right when our baby was that age and you will also know if your over feeding him when he throws up after his meal
    wowiemommy

Answer by wowiemommy at 1:01 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Think no more than 32 oz a day, so however you spilt that up..if baby is eatting more that is overfeeding. STudies have proven that bottlefed babies no matter what is in the bottle can and will overeat. What happens is baby has a growth spurt so baby eats more for a few days nutritionally but then nutritionally baby doesn't need as much anymore but tummy is stretched so baby THINKS he's starving with anything less than those huge amounts. Its like people who can tea a whole pizza on their own, doesn't mean they needed it, just means their body is used to taking in larger amounts. Gradually cut back..one day so all his bottles 5.75 oz, then give 5.5oz then 5.25 oz then 5 oz then 4.75 and so on...after about a week you will be down to 4 oz ever 3-4 hours and his tummy will have had time to get smaller gradually, alot less fussing for him too. Remember its an adjustment to eat correct portions..
    tabi_cat1023

Answer by tabi_cat1023 at 1:35 AM on Dec. 19, 2010