Can I dye my hair...

I am 20 weeks pregnant. can i dye my hair? and witch brand is good one? thaks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:04 AM on Dec. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It's best not to, but the first trimester is when you really need to avoid it. Make sure you do it somewhere well ventilated. highlights are considered safest, because they aren't directly on your scalp. Might be a good option if you can afford it. I tried those natural dyes when I was pregnant (from Whole Foods), but they really didn't look good!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:06 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• no you cannot dye your hair something in it is toxic to the baby if you breathe it in and being around it you cant help but breathe it in your not supposed to be around anything like that while pregnant hair dye, paint, strong cleaning supplies, etc.
    secret_shadows

Answer by secret_shadows at 12:07 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I was advised not to while pregnant.
    Indyk

Answer by Indyk at 12:07 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• stop being silly! yes you can... just keep the room well aired! ive been a hair dresser for almost 7 years through 2 pregnancies and its perfectly safe.....
    2boysmommy.js

Answer by 2boysmommy.js at 12:09 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• my dr didn't have a problem with me dying my hair and the book that I got from my OBGYN clinic also said that there was no proof that is was in anyway harmful to the baby as long as you are in a very well ventilated area. So I dyed mine and DS is just fine. This is one those those touchy subjects that you have either heard terrible things about or you think its so silly to be so worried.
    AshleyBishop06

Answer by AshleyBishop06 at 12:16 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• yes you can. i dyed mine a week before Thanksgiving (i was 16 weeks) and my kid had a super healthy ultrasound and is kicking up a storm as i type. when i dyed mine i made sure i had the bathroom fan on, the window open, and i put another fan in the window so that it blew fresh air in.

i asked my OP about it before i did it and he said its just another one of those things you have to decide for yourself cause there's no proof for or against it. if dying your hair will make you a nervous wreck w/ worry for the rest of your pregnancy dont do it...otherwise go for it.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 12:35 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I would do it, just make sure the room is well ventilated.
    shanapiv

Answer by shanapiv at 12:42 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I wouldn't do it. Why put your baby in any harm just for your looks.
    MarvelousMama

Answer by MarvelousMama at 1:03 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• You can and at 20 weeks, it's considered "safe"...but, of course use an AMMONIA-FREE hair-dye!
    Katie80620

Answer by Katie80620 at 2:11 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• OH MY GOD PEOPLE YOU CAN DYE YOUR HAIR,FROST YOUR HAIR AND DO HIGH-LIGHTS AT LIKE 10 WEEKS YOUR BABY IS NOT GOING TO DIE EVERYONE THAT IS SAYING WHY WOULD YOU PUT YOUR BABY AT HARM FOR YOUR PERSONAL LOOKS GROW THE FUCK UP YOU ARE THE PEOPLE THAT SHOULD NEVER PRODUCE KIDS. YOU WILL NOT KILL YOUR BABY FROM CERTAIN FOODS OR DRINKS OR EVEN COLORING YOUR HAIR SERIOUSLY. THINK .
    AliciaLamoreux

Answer by AliciaLamoreux at 10:06 AM on Dec. 19, 2010