Do you think that if it isn't your first child, you should still have a baby shower?

shanapiv

Asked by shanapiv at 12:16 AM on Dec. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I believe every baby should be welcomed wih a shower celebration!
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 12:22 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I think it's a good idea, but if I had another boy I wouldn't have a baby shower, maybe a diaper party, which I thought was an awesome idea. Where everyone brings a pack of diapers, your choice of brand, and for every pack they bring they get entered into a raffle, if they bring the jumbo packs they get 3 entrees. I went to one not long ago, it was fun. Of course you are going to have ppl who bring other gifts as well, but this way you are set.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 12:24 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I say why not? Especially if the baby is not the same gender as the first, or if there was a wide age gap. I have never thought it inappropriate to have a shower with a second or third or eighth.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:29 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I agree, if somebody wants to throw you a babyshower, why not? Not the baby's fault that he was born second :)
    Nadali

Answer by Nadali at 12:30 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Why not :-)
    harris4

Answer by harris4 at 12:37 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Wow! The diaper party is a GREAT idea, I have never heard of that.
    blessedwithree

Answer by blessedwithree at 12:27 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• sure! I had one with my second also. The girls got me a double stroller,,it was great!
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 12:19 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• lets say your 1st is a girl then 2 yrs later are having a boy, then yes you should get another shower and also if your kids are spaced apart by many years like say 5 yrs apart...then your not likely to still have the stuff around from the last baby.
    but if your having another girl a yr after you just had the first girl, then there should be no reason to have another shower........unless that 2nd shower was just to celebrate the next baby and instead of gifts there were diapers brought instead or canned food for the food shelf
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 12:31 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I think if your friends or family want to have one for you then I am all for it. If you are the one initiating it then that would be inappropriate. Saying that though I don't see anything wrong with having a party after the baby is born as a celebration of sorts and for others to meet the new bundle.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 12:43 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Of course! Every baby is special and deserves a shower
    Truelove77

Answer by Truelove77 at 12:58 AM on Dec. 19, 2010