This is starting to make me mad...........(how would you handle it?)

I live in a building that was sectioned off into 3 apartments. Since we all split the water bill the washer and dryer are in the basement and they are free to use for tenants. My neighbors always leave their clothes in there for a long time. Sometimes days and once for a full week. So I started just taking thier smelly crap out every time I go down there and the machines are full. I will put it on the dryer or if there is a basket I will put it in there. I never touch it if the machine is running but lately they have been taking my stuff out when the machine is still running. They just did it earlier and my clothes were still very damp. They didn't even put anything in this time! So as soon as I realized how wet they were when I went to fold them I took them back down and put them back in the dryer. But now I feel like I have to check every 5 minutes to make sure they are not messing with them. We all share the bill. This is stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mommytoJames512

Asked by mommytoJames512 at 12:55 AM on Dec. 19, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Hopefully you problem will soon be over. That would really upset me.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 6:28 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Take a book and go sit in the laundry room. Solves 100% of the problems with no stress of any kind.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 12:56 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I would talk to them, if they refused to then I would talk with the landlord
    daisysrdeadly

Answer by daisysrdeadly at 1:01 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• leave a note or talk to them. Make some rules that everyone can follow
    dbodani

Answer by dbodani at 12:56 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Ugh,,,I feel your frustration. My own landlord and his wife started letting their kids do their own laundry, so then I had 4 different family members using one washer and dryer. Then they would forget their laundry all the time. It is beyond frustrating! This is new game they are playing here with you and its got to stop. Talk to them directly if you know them and or go to the landlord and tell them the problem. Maybe the landlord can break up the time shifts needed for everyone to use the machines at. That would solve the problem. Im sorry
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 1:14 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• That is ridiculous! You need to confront them!
    harris4

Answer by harris4 at 12:56 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I can't sit in the laundryroom until my clothes are done. The dryer can take forever and I have a 2 year old to take care of.
    mommytoJames512

Comment by mommytoJames512 (original poster) at 12:59 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Ok, so my sister\roommate just told me they mentioned to her they are moving. So unless they start throwing my clothes on the floor or something I will just deal with it until they leave.
    mommytoJames512

Comment by mommytoJames512 (original poster) at 2:07 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• You should all talk & come up with a laundry schedule. There are 7 days in a week & 3 families. Each pick 2 days to do laundry on.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 8:30 AM on Dec. 19, 2010