how do you put your baby to sleep?

we have a routine with our 9 month old and i was just curious what do all you mothers do to settle your baby into bed

wowiemommy

Asked by wowiemommy at 12:57 AM on Dec. 19, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Nursed them until they were out, then put them down. It seemed simplest.

Now, of course, they fall asleep on their own. Have for so long, I can't remember how old they were when it started, for either of them.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 12:58 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Nursed them to sleep.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 12:59 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• My youngest is 5 months and he falls asleep whenever he is tired. During the day we just leave him where ever he is sleeping (he spends the day on the floor playing). After his last bottle around 8-9pm he eventually falls asleep and then we move him to his bed in our room where he sleeps all night long.
    We did it the same with all of our kids until they were close to 1 and then bedtime was at 7pm. They'd get their last feeding some time before that and then at 7 it was jammies and in their bed and they'd go right to sleep.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:00 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• My twins usually fall asleep on their own in my arms. Or if I notice them getting sleepy then I just put them in their bed and they'll usually drift off fairly easy.
    twinmama2five

Answer by twinmama2five at 1:05 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I would sing to them and rock them. boy i do miss those days of their little warm body relaxed in your arms.
    harris4

Answer by harris4 at 1:06 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I too nurse them until they pass out, but that needs to stop because now my youngest won't go to sleep without a boob in his mouth. Such a man.
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 1:11 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• lol@ bluelady27!
    harris4

Answer by harris4 at 1:14 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I nurse to sleep until they don't need that anymore. Then cuddle until they grow out of that as well. My oldest goes to sleep on his own perfectly fine at 9 years old. My youngest still nurses to sleep most of the time.
    aehanrahan

Answer by aehanrahan at 2:14 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• At first, we put her to bed when she fell asleep. My daughter was a very mellow baby. When she got a little older, she'd have a bottle and once she fell asleep, we put her to bed.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 2:16 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• With my oldest he had to nurse to fall asleep or so it seemed. Now he goes to sleep on his own. With my now almost 3 month old. I nurse her then burp her (she wakes up a little usually). I then tell her I love her and let her know it's bed time. I lay her down and she fusses about 3-5 mins and then she's out. Sometimes she just snuggles in and goes to sleep.
    jillrebecca3

Answer by jillrebecca3 at 2:47 AM on Dec. 19, 2010