okay im 34 wks and this is my third pregnancy and i already dialated 1cm and 50% thined out and my doctor said that it is normal but my due date is dec 22 is there a great chance that i will go into labor before thanksgiving?

sherryfeltner

Asked by sherryfeltner at 8:48 PM on Nov. 8, 2008 in Pregnancy

• You could go into labor , soon, i remember when i was 1 cm and was about 70%

I went into labor around 2 weeks later,

goodluck hon
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 9:55 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• Everyone is different. I was like that a month before my last was born and she was two days late.
    Christinemg0813

Answer by Christinemg0813 at 8:50 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• I would pray that you don't... Your baby isn't full term until 38 weeks,,,the closer to 40 weeks the better for the baby.. If your baby would be born now then he would spend his time in the NICU at least until your due date if not longer if his lungs aren't ready...
    emturner

Answer by emturner at 8:56 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• You will likely not go early. I was fully effaced and 1cm dialated for over a month of my first pregnancy. Just make sure you are drinking lots of water and taking it easy. Take any precaution possible to prevent pre term labor. contractions will just further dialate your cervix and you don't want any of that until you are at least 37 weeks.
    Redicksmommy

Answer by Redicksmommy at 9:19 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• Honestly are you going to ask until you get the answer you want?
    Anonymous

• With my first, I went from 2cm to having him in a week. With my second, at 27 weeks I was already 1cm dilated and my cervix was mushy. I walked around at 5-6cm dilated until the day I had her, and at the time I got checked out, I was already 7cm. She was born a week late. Every pregnancy is different, they come when they want to!
    AliciaC

Answer by AliciaC at 9:50 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• It really just depends. I walked around 4 weeks dilated to 1 then another 2 weeks dilated to 3 (with my 4th) and she made it to the day before my due date. By the 3rd baby I'm sure you know when its time so just hang in there.
    SmileyMoo

Answer by SmileyMoo at 10:22 PM on Nov. 8, 2008