How can I deal with anxiety without taking meds?

I have been feeling anxiety and I don't really feel stress or anything like that. I did some research on line about the symptoms and it seems that I have those symptoms. I don't really want to get meds if I don't have to.

Do you know of any natural remedies that can help me deal with this?

bratgirln1

Asked by bratgirln1 at 1:17 AM on Dec. 19, 2010 in Health

• Walking! That's what I did and still do, it clears your mind, body & soul. You lose weight, gain muscle and a happy mom/wife makes happy kids/hubby! Best part, it's free...
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 1:27 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Meditation, hypnosis and physical exercise all work --better than meds.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 1:18 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I'll tell you from experience, exercise! I have a ton of stress in my life right now. My husband's income is $600 LESS than our living expenses each month, we're so far behind on everything but they keep promising him his own store (to be Mgr which pays $750 more a month), we have 4 kids under 5- all great, not a big source of stress, but trying to keep up with our house, keeping debtors at bay until he gets his raise, teaching my girls what they all need to be learning, and spending time with my son after school and at some point meeting my husbands' marital needs....I had enough. I was blessed enough that my sister gave me a treadmill, and it made a world of difference. I had a hard time finding time to get on the thing, but when I did, I'd go a mile, and think, ok I can do another half, then I'd get there and think, ok, 2 miles and I'm done! lol before I knew it ,I was doing 3 miles and it felt GREAT!!!! Good Luck dear!
    KariLyn84

Answer by KariLyn84 at 1:23 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• yes deffently medatitation and relax the mind and contertrate on the breathing!!!! really helps if u do it right good luck
    Lisa_7777

Answer by Lisa_7777 at 1:24 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• yup exercise helps alot.
    maya123

Answer by maya123 at 1:24 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• yep excercise! I started running a few years ago, ended up running the kentucky derby half marathon. I have never felt better in my life then those months i was training for that.
    Astraea_79

Answer by Astraea_79 at 9:14 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Yoga,journal to find out your triggers,get outside and not hole yourself up for the winter,invest in a light box if possible,have a activity that is just for YOU,talk therapy.G/L
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 10:32 AM on Dec. 19, 2010