MY FRIEND JUST FOUND OUT THAT HER 13 YR OLD DAUGHTER IS PREGNANT!!!!

She is an awesome mom ....has talks about sex. Kid gets great grades! Real good girl that made a terrible mistake. Boy is sticking by her he says. I talk to my kids about sex and they are very knowledgable about why they should wait and i am now thinking.....WTH if it happen to them how do i avoid it!.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:28 AM on Dec. 19, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• We just found out that our daughter who will be 14 next month is pregnant and due in May. She and her best friend, who was also 13 at the time (he is now 14) decided to see what the hoopla about sex was, they aren't dating and weren't dating, they were just curious and had sex. They thought (wrongly) that because they were both only 13 that she couldn't get pregnant. My daughter came to us last week scared to death because she's been very sick, very tired and vomitting, she thought she was ill. Being pregnant never crossed her mind. We took her to the Dr. and he found out she was pregnant and the story came out that they'd only done it the one time to see what it was all about, that they didn't really see what the big deal was and that was the end of it. The boy is now 14, my daughter will be 14 in Jan. and they are in the 8th grade. We are standing behind our daughter and will help raise the baby.
    Anonymous

• Are you 13? You avoid pregnancy by not having sex, or using birth control correctly if you are having sex (and cross your fingers 'cause it doesn't always work as advertised).

Having sex at 13 is not 'real good girl who made a terrible mistake' she's a bad girl with poor judgement. Good girls don't do that, bad girls do --it's pretty much the criteria for bad girlness.

The boy might not want to stick too much too close, because it's statutory rape.

The way to avoid teen pregnancy is to keep teens out of situations where they're liable to become pregnant: unchaperoned (or inappropriately chaperoned) events, great swaths of unsupervised time, a lack of appropriate physical affection, unrealistic rhapsodizing about the wonderfulness of babies and the romance of being a mom...

There's a lot of teens out there who think if they have a baby, someone will love them. They only have it 100% wrong: babies exist to be loved.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 1:35 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• all you can do is talk to them but in the end it all comes downto them
    FITmama2B

Answer by FITmama2B at 1:33 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• That is really hard but ,my mom used to say no one learns on someone elses head, I think that lately the media is showing teen pregnancy as something cool(teen mom, bristol palin doing dancing with the stars), that you can get famous or get an exciting life Have you seen the secret life of the american teenager? that shows is about the life of a girl that got pregnant at 14 but she can still date have a ton of boys after her go out on parties all the time like her friends... yeah like life is like that. also glee showed one of them pregnant having the baby getting her adopted and then live happy like nothing happend and get a bf that will die for her. I think we have to show them the real consecuences before is too late.
    gou18

Answer by gou18 at 1:42 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Its a shame that the pregnancy happened,personally my daughter is 11 and not even that interested in boys or dating yet...she wont be dating until she is at least 16 and I will know where she is going and who she is with...my daughter has autism so I dont really see a line forming yet...but she is gullible...I really think that 13 is way to young for unsupervised dating and obviously she had alot of unsupervised time......her poor body is going to go through hell ...delivery might even be a problem....shes still growing mom....this might not be a popular choice but I would push for abortion...she'a way too young for this! then get her butt on birth control so this good girl doesnt do this again.
    michaux

Answer by michaux at 10:15 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I agree that its poor judgement. He is 14 . And No she is not a bad girl. She is a good girl who made a mistake. People aren't bad because they make mistakes. Are you perfect?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:39 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• oh man that's a tough situation.... i would not know how to comfort the mom of this teen. sometimes people judge the parents in situations like this but there is only so much guidance a parent could give. it sucks that a lot of the responsibility of raising this baby is most likely going to fall on "grandma's" shoulders. when kids make poor choices with extreme consequences it affects other members of their family.
    maya123

Answer by maya123 at 1:53 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I so agree! all i can do now is assure her she is a great mom despite her daughters mistake.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:57 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• That's awful. Sad situation.
    Katie80620

Answer by Katie80620 at 2:09 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• HMMM you would be anonymous. Coward....Let's just hope that your judgemental attitude doesn't come around and bite you in the ass with your kids...lol! Besides i don't think the question was what kind of mom she was...can you not read?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:58 AM on Dec. 19, 2010