how do you handle colic?

I have gassy twins that cry from 12-4am non-stop NO JOKE!!

It seems like nothing I do soothes them... and this happens everynight at the same exact time like clockwork... It stresses me out that I picture myself throwing a baby out the window (obviously I dont and would never)

there are only 7 weeks so they say you can't just let them "cry it out"

so how do I handle this?

FITmama2B

Asked by FITmama2B at 1:29 AM on Dec. 19, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• awwww you poor, poor mama, i dont miss those days...you said that they were gassy, have you tried gas drops? is at night the only time they cry that way, or do they do it doing the day also? i know this sounds ike an odd question but is it both of them that has gas or is one of them waking up and in turn waking the other one up? my oldest had reflux when she was a baby and it was horrible, all she did was cry, all the time. it made me so sad. but she ended up getting put on prescription medicine because she was in so much pain. have you talked the their pedi about the crying yet? sorry didnt mean to ramble......
    MamaSusieQ045

Answer by MamaSusieQ045 at 1:44 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• it only happens at night and they r both gassy... she says its normal colic and im just gonna need to stick it out,.... aparently they grow out of it by 4 months.. i dont know
    FITmama2B

Comment by FITmama2B (original poster) at 1:51 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I would try gas drops. I would mix the gas drops in with the night time bottle when my daughter was a newborn. It helped a lot.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 2:13 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I agree with the other ladies I would say gas drops. Are they eating formula? If they are you can just put it in the mix when you make a bottle. You might also want to look up how to do gental baby tummy rubs. That may help but try doing it when they are not crying as their muscles won't be tense and it will be easier. My dd had really bad gas and the only thing that helped her was to be on her tummy. Does that help at all? Good luck hun, try to stay calm and remember even if it doesn't work the first night to give it a few nights it may kick in. Hugs!
    jillrebecca3

Answer by jillrebecca3 at 4:00 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Sticking it out is all yo u can do. I have it on good authority from my peed when my daughter had colic that if you're feeling super stressedbready to loose it that it is okay and even better to let them cry. Ie so out you might shake baby. Put in the crib go sit on the porch with a mug of cocoa then head back in after you calm down.
    JadeRDragosani

Answer by JadeRDragosani at 8:05 AM on Dec. 19, 2010