baby is 6 months old and doesnt try to push up on legs at all?

my cousin has a 6month old baby..and he doesnt try to stand or put any pressure on his leggs at all when she trys to stand him up or anything... she said the dr said tht he is fine..but im really worried about him :( has any one had this problem before? she doesnt seem worried about it.

babymamma123

Asked by babymamma123 at 1:34 AM on Dec. 19, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If the doctor is not worried about it, and she is not worried about it, I don't see any need to worry about it. Every baby develops a little bit different than another.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 1:47 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• another thing..she used to live with me..until he was about 3 months old and since he was born frm tht whole time she lived with me she hasnt taken him to the dr. so i dont honestly know if the dr said that...she hasnt lived with me since then though so i dont know about the dr now.i hope though...
    babymamma123

Comment by babymamma123 (original poster) at 1:49 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• There's a jumperoo from Fisher Price that helped my daughter's leg muscles a LOT.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 2:10 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I honestly think it's a little behind but I could be thinking that because my almost 3 month old LOVES to push off and be held as if she's standing. However, all babies are different and he maybe advanced in other areas. I agree with the jumperoo! My oldest loved his and it helped a lot with his leg muscles. :)
    jillrebecca3

Answer by jillrebecca3 at 3:55 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• My son didn't start pushing up into his knees until he was 7 months...No worries, every baby develops differently :0)
    LogansMamma0511

Answer by LogansMamma0511 at 10:32 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• There's nothing to BE worried about. There are Milestones babies SHOULD hit at a certain age. This isn't one of them. The doc is right.
    Chantalg12

Answer by Chantalg12 at 11:33 PM on Dec. 19, 2010