color change?

im 22 weeks pregnant and i just noticed a change in the color of my breasts. the part around the nipple is the same color as normal but the part outlining that turned a brown color. its hard to explain but its just a line of brown around each area. what is this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:52 PM on Nov. 8, 2008 in Pregnancy

• thats very normal as your pregnancy progresses it may even become darker been awhile since I've been a prego but I believe my dr said it was due to hormone changes in the body and what not but its nothing to worry about and it will get a little liter after you have the baby
    one_white_rose

Answer by one_white_rose at 9:00 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• My doc said the same thing. He said that the only explanation they have for it is that it gets darker so our babies can find our nipples easier when we feed them
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 9:05 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• With my first pregnancy my breasts didn't change color much, but this time my areolas have gotten a lot darker. I don't know if the advice is the same, but my Dr. said it should go mostly back to normal after the baby.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 9:17 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• yeah i heard about the whole areola changing color but mines just an outline....it just seemed weird lol.
    Anonymous

• your nipples darken to make it easier for your newborn to find your nipple when breastfeeding. mine stayed dark for a long time and at 10 months postpartum are finally getting lighter
    MisanthropKitty

Answer by MisanthropKitty at 9:53 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• Asking your doctor will help you alot,

And that doctor is insane Marlye,

Infants smell the breast milk,

Its instinct, , hahaha they dont notice the color of the breast,

LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 9:54 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• Mine is an outline as well, Doc says thats normal. I knew that the areola changed color but I thought the whole areola did, not just an outline...But all seems to be well. I wouldnt worry about it.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 10:39 PM on Nov. 8, 2008