Mirena and string problem (sex question) adult content

I got mirena inserted in September and the doctor told me that the strings would soften in a few months. My husband was gone for 3 months (Marines) and when he came back, he said that the strings were not only scratching him but poking him in the urethra. The doctor doesn't want to trim the strings more because it could cause them to stick out straight instead of curling around the cervix. My husband doesn't want me to change birth control because this is the most effective for us. Has anyone had this problem before and if so how did you deal with it (other than changing birth control) Someone suggested at one point, using a diaphram to keep the strings out of the way.

alinker

Asked by alinker at 1:50 AM on Dec. 19, 2010 in Relationships

• I've had my Mirena for over 2 years now, & my DF feels the Mirena sometimes as well. First, are you sure that it's the strings & not the base of the IUD itself? The way your cervix sits can change sometimes, making it more noticable to a partner. You can use your fingers to feel how it is sitting, & how the strings are situated- you may be able to wrap them or push them to the side of your cervix. I hope you find something that works for you!

KA91

Answer by KA91 at 2:17 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I have had mine since 2007 and my husabnd still gets poked lol It will soften eventually. I also suggest wrapping it around yourself, to guide it to a certain formation.
    bbbrussell20

Answer by bbbrussell20 at 2:19 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• When i first got my Mirena it was around 2003 or 2004 & my husband complained about being scratched & such. But as time wore on he got used to it & i do believe that the strings softened a bit. Therefore, it's going to take some time for the strings to soften a bit & you're right, Mirena is THE BEST birth control out there!

NubianQueen78

Answer by NubianQueen78 at 9:58 AM on Dec. 19, 2010