Pagans (yep, I'm bugging you again)

I have been inside my head WAY too much lately lol. Blame it on me updating my BOS and adding things from my BOM that I feel are significant. It causes me to analyze things a lot.

Ok, here's my question: In your opinion, how long would you consider this person to be a Pagan, and how many years of experience would you say they have?

Found Paganism around age 9 (give or take a year or two) and began practice, then entered a strict Christian home around age 12-13, but didn't give up their practice completely, still held those beliefs, and continued to study online or through books. Then at age 18-19 began practice whole heartedly again as well as bought books, joined sites like witchvox to learn and meet people, etc. and has been practicing for 2-3 years since then.

Would you say that they have 10+ years, or would you only count the years since they became an adult? I think 10+, but that's just my opinion. I'll come back later and maybe give background on this question lol.

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 2:07 AM on Dec. 19, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• How long have you had the belief? Even if you are unable to practice it doesn't mean you're not Pagan, just like a Christian who doesn't go to church is a Christian. It's all what you consider, no one else can really tell you how long you've been practicing.
    Annabel1809Lee

Answer by Annabel1809Lee at 7:59 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I would consider this person a newbie and say they have been a "practicing pagan" for 2-3 years.
    MamaJasmine

Answer by MamaJasmine at 11:13 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I would say that she studdied the religion for 10+ years but has only practiced for about 3 or 4.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 10:55 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Practicing for the last few years, but definitely a pagan for 10+ years.
    Guinhyvar

Answer by Guinhyvar at 9:59 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Practising for the last 2 to 3 years. Those previous years were just unfocused and unsteady research. They helped develop a Pagan mindset but until it's fully embraced, they are just with no formal religious association. I do feel that religion belongs to adults and not children, in that children should not be allowed to claim a religion. Practising with family is different as it is instruction but the choice to accept or reject does not occur until adulthood so it's not truly their choice until they choose to embrace a religion as an adult.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 2:46 PM on Dec. 19, 2010