Do you have a funny cooking story about your significant other??

I just have to ask for some laughs.

This morning my boyfriend decided to bake a pastie. The directions said to bake for an hour so he figured that if he were to bake two of them then he would have to bake them together for two hours. Ummm... burnt pasties anyone???

girlneffy

Asked by girlneffy at 2:34 PM on Jul. 6, 2008 in Food & Drink

• Well I did all the cooking until morning sickness got to me. He was starving and I was worshiping the porcelain goddess and he asked me what to cook. I told him hamburger helper had directions on the box. He disappeared for about an hour. Then he comes back and says, "I got out the meat and put it in the pan, how long do I have to wait until it gets brown?" I was completely baffled, but I went to the kitchen and the pan was sitting on the cabinet and hadn't been near the stove. That was a rough night. There was also the time when he left bread in the toaster and couldn't figure out why it wasn't toasting. Again, he hadn't pushed it down. I do the cooking, needless to say. He would starve without a woman in the kitchen.
    firstimemom4049

Answer by firstimemom4049 at 4:06 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• My DH is a great man..but he is soo spoiled. We lived in our home for 6 months when I heard him fussing in the kitchen. He was saying "How do I use this blasted thing?" I sensed his frustration and expected to walk in on him figuring out a power tool or how to put together a kids toy...but oh no. My DH is standing in front of the microwave completely out witted. Did I mention that he is spoiled.
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 2:48 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• A couple years ago I was really sick and stuck in bed. He was trying to cook the kid's dinner. He finally, after much thought and debate (he's a Libra and an engineer), decided to make grilled cheese sandwiches. At some point they started to catch fire and my then 4 year old son Aaron went under the sink and got out the fire extinguisher. Everything was fine, other than the smoke and the stink of burned grilled cheese sandwiches. The top of my stove still has a burn mark!!  So now every-time he goes in the kitchen to cook something we make fun and ask if we should get the fire extinguisher now or later.
    mamastefl

Answer by mamastefl at 8:42 PM on Jul. 6, 2008