Wrapping Presents

Who does the wrapping in your house? When wrapping the presents do you go all out adding ribbon and bows?

I LOVE foil wrapping. Not the foil lined paper but the foil you would see by the flower areas. I used to be able to find it all the time but this year I actually had to go to a flower shop to buy it. I love it because it's shiny and so pretty and doesn't tear! :) However, it's pricy. I love adding ribbon and bows to it. I do also use other wrapping paper because the kids love to tear into gifts and the fun designs. I do decorate those as well but not as much as I do the foil.

jillrebecca3

Asked by jillrebecca3 at 2:22 AM on Dec. 19, 2010 in Holidays

• We both do and I do love going all out. I actually bought reusable ribbons boxes and bows this year to be eco-friendly and economically savvy. I got a lot of neat wrapping stuff at the dollar store. I am so proud of myself. I will have to look into the shiny foil wrapping paper though. That sounds like it would be really pretty.
    1bizzymommy

Answer by 1bizzymommy at 4:01 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Me and SO wrap the gifts of christmas eve. We get the decorative wrap with the characters since our children are still young and into it. We don't use bows since they'll just get torn off. I know the paper you are speaking of, it is very pretty. Never thought to wrap gifts in it.
    reigndrops12689

Answer by reigndrops12689 at 2:43 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I do. I like the gift bags, just add tissue paper
    genevieve55

Answer by genevieve55 at 2:36 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I wrap the presents and my husband passes me the tape and put the gifts up in the closet. He will wrap my presents but that's it. And we use bows for other people's presents but not on the kids gifts. They just see who can be the fastest unwrapper anyway.
    True_Gator_77

Answer by True_Gator_77 at 2:49 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I do the wrapping. I usually don't add a lot of bows because I hide the presents in a big box. I mean to add some on Christmas Eve but usually forget.
    LostTheSlipper

Answer by LostTheSlipper at 2:26 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• My husband and I do a "wrap and watch" Christmas eve after everyone else is in bed. We just use Christmas wrap but no bows. I don't think I've ever seen the flower foil you are talking about.
    zboys

Answer by zboys at 2:27 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• i wrap them all
    SMALLfry05

Answer by SMALLfry05 at 11:51 AM on Dec. 20, 2010