Best cold med for a 12 yr old? weight ...100 pds

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:44 AM on Dec. 19, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• Tylenol Cold Multi Symptom Severe; view at http://www.tylenol.com/product_detail.jhtml?id=tylenol/cold/prod_multisymsevere.inc&prod=cold_multisymsevere#

The main ingredients are: Dextromethorphan HBr for the cough, Guaifenesin for the chest congestion, & Phenylephrine HCl for the stuffy nose & ears [I'm guessing the ears hurt from the nasal congestion, & of course Acetaminophen which could also help for the ears. It's an all-in-one liquid. Otherwise you can get them all separately in the forms of Robitussin DM, Mucinex, & Sudafed PE. As for the sore throat hot lemon tea with some honey always works lovely!

I've worked in the pharmacy long enough to know that is what the pharmacists I work with would recommend but you can I would still suggest you double check with your local pharmacist. Hope your child feels better!
    crystaLuv

Answer by crystaLuv at 3:31 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Depends on what you're trying to treat..
    crystaLuv

Answer by crystaLuv at 2:45 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• sore throat, stuffy nose, ear hurts, chest congested, and coughing real bad.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:48 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Rest and plenty of fluids.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 2:58 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Tysvm!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:39 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I dont have a tween but Im mad that your 12 yr old weighs more than me :( lol i weigh 96lbs an have 2 kids i cant gain weight for the life me lol sorry just thought i post my silly comment :) (tylenol always works best + gatorade and lots of TLC)
    premiemom18

Answer by premiemom18 at 1:30 AM on Dec. 20, 2010