FCC and the Internet??

The USJF reported today (12/18/10) that Barack Obama has a "Christmas surprise" for the American people. It's based upon the FCC's self-imposed December 21 deadline to implement new Internet rules. Via the FCC, Mr. Obama wants to take control of the Internet---YOUR Internet---your ability to contact your friends, your relatives, and your elected representatives in government. This "stealth" use of new rules and regulations will sneak up on us just before Christmas. Quite frankly, not too many people know about this; or really take the notion seriously, because, after all, we have the 1st Amendment to the U. S. Constitution to protect us. Right? Wrong!

The FCC is ready to add the Internet to its "portfolio" of regulated industries. The Obama Administration wants to take control of the Internet BEFORE CHRISTMAS! (even though the regulations won't "officially" go into effect until after the holidays. The FCC Chairman, Julius Genachowski, announced that he has circulated "draft rules" that he says will "preserve the freedom and openness of the Internet." No statement---I call it a bald face lie---reflects the vast gulf between the rhetoric and the reality of Obama Administration policy. Obama's FCC is ready to steal our Internet freedom by simply declaring it has the "right" to regulate it. Here's the underlying problem for Barack Obama. Internet journalists tend to report the news without coloring it with the brush of "political correctness." They challenge the lies that the Obama Administration puts out that the so-called "mainstream media" simply accept and repeat as the truth.

We must be prepared to do battle with the intrusive FCC federal regulations that will clamp down on our 1st Amendment rights via the Internet. To protect our free speech rights on the Internet, we must fax every single Member of Congress and let them know they must NOT agree to the upcoming December 21st regulations! Will you do that for yourself and for the rest of us... today---please? This is so important; let me repeat my request so you understand the extreme urgency. Because, historically, when government seizes liberty, it's gone forever.

According to the Washington Times: "With a straight face, Mr. Genachowski suggested that government red tape will increase the 'freedom' of online services that have flourished because bureaucratic busybodies have been blocked from tinkering with the Web. Ordinarily, it would be appropriate at this point to supply an example from the proposed regulations illustrating the problem. Mr. Genachowski's draft document has over 550 footnotes and is stamped 'non-public, for internal use only' to ensure nobody outside the agency sees it until the rules are approved in a scheduled December 21 vote. So much for 'openness.'

Make no mistake; Barack Hussein Obama is very determined to undermine free speech by seizing cyber-control Internet free speech; under the disguise of making sure our safety and security are of prime importance. The recent WikiLeaks fiasco has helped him to rationalize this tremendous increase of government control to the American public. Freedom and openness should continue to be the governing principles of the Internet. That's why Mr. Genachowski's December 21 proposals should be STOPPED by Members of Congress. In fact, both the U. S. Senate and the House of Representatives should make it even clearer that the FCC should STOP trying to expand its REGULATORY EMPIRE and should STOP trying to control our freedom of speech over the internet!

In the administration's zeal to "protect the people," the social progressive zealots in the Obama federal bureaucracy are not averse to writing the rules and regulations like this. It makes a clear statement. It takes away our freedoms on the Internet; but it is all under the claim of "protection." That's why the proposed FCC Internet rules and regulations---THAT ARE ABOUT TO BE IMPLEMENTED without Congressional legislation being enacted---must be stopped by that Body whose legislative authority has been abridged.

Anybody know anything about this? I can't prove it OR disprove it.

goodwitch399

Asked by goodwitch399 at 2:58 AM on Dec. 19, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I said that wrong, both houses had passed it, then the supream court ruled it unconstitutional.

Then Obama want around it using the FCC chairman.
    Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 7:47 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• 2012 can't get here soon enough! Ugh. All of these last minute attempts to keep control before January are disgusting. Why can't Obama supporters see what is going on?! Oh right...until THEY are personally affected, it doesn't mean anything.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:13 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• This video says it ALL with regards to Net Neutrality and The Fairness Doctrine!!! I've had it saved in my favorites for a while now.

SHUT UP!

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:55 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I can't prove or disprove it, goodwitch, but I don't doubt it. The FCC has been trying to gain control of the Internet for years.

Perhaps it's time to revive the art of letter-writing while we fight this beast tooth and nail, of course.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 7:43 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• It's a back door means of achieving net neutrality. The Obama adm is going to yet again attempt to usurp congress, just as he is using his progressive appointees in the EPA to usurp congress with cap and trade. Both illegal acts. If the control does not cause you reason for pause on this issue, the impending high raise in the cost of internet should.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:43 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Is there any sane person out there who doesn't believe Obama wants total government power over everything we do?
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 9:49 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I see the drive-by down voters are at it.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 10:37 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

LOL funny how that happens!

***
    Which serves to perfectly illustrate and support the "Shut Up" video I posted above!! LOL Thanks, "drive-by's!!" :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 5:56 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• bumpYou are right about it good witch!  They have been doing it for a lot longer than they lead us to believe.  Why are we the lab rats?  You can let imagination run with that question.  I stopped asking why about crap like that.  They start with taking a few little information (intel) and make a huge debate, while masking the true plan.  What are they hiding?  Who cares?  I don't waste my valuable time on invasion of privacy crap!  So what, it's been happening for a long time.  I have learned to live with the fact that there is not anything that I can keep private, except that I can pray, and that's it.  Everything else will come out in the wash.  LOL 

sexyfancyface

Answer by sexyfancyface at 11:50 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• The congress has struck it down,

the supream court has already ruled it unconstitutional.

The FCC chairman, and the Obama administration said the hell with them they are doing it anyway.

So I guess we will see who has the most power.

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 12:18 AM on Dec. 20, 2010