Do you have traditions on New Years Day?

Before we never really did anything on New Years Day, but this year we are making it a tradition to have a seafood and steak dinner. What about you? Any ideas?

1bizzymommy

Asked by 1bizzymommy at 3:22 AM on Dec. 19, 2010 in Holidays

• watch the rose parade, and have steak and lobster for dinner
    EVERY YEAR :)
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 7:04 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I'm not sure how it started, but we go for Chinese every New Years.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 3:23 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Most of my traditions are superstitions such as Black Eyed Peas for good luck. And going into the New Yearwith a clean house. Other than that there is nothing else that we really do.
    rebock

Answer by rebock at 1:37 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• We don't have one yet besides going to my Mom's house perhaps. It depends if we get my brother; whose house he's at. We don't have this new years so maybe my hubbie and I and my parents will go to the movies. We usually do that on Thanksgiving and Christmas... ?
    soulmeetsbody19

Answer by soulmeetsbody19 at 3:34 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Traditionally, I spend January 1st recovering from a rediculous hangover! Lol!
    FeelinYummy

Answer by FeelinYummy at 4:28 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• birthday sweetpeahappy new yearcall my son and wish him happy b-day and happy new year

HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 1:18 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• We have Black Eyed Peas, but other than that we just lay around and watch tv, play with new toys. Nothing special. I haven't even stayed up to watch the ball drop in a few years, I get tired, I go to bed.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 12:12 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• pork and sour crout is our family tradition....i hate the smell of it,i hate the taste of it but its a good luck type tradition.....
    SMALLfry05

Answer by SMALLfry05 at 11:50 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I like the idea of watching the parade on T.V. I think I will do that and eat my steak and lobster on a tray table. Yum, can't wait!
    1bizzymommy

Comment by 1bizzymommy (original poster) at 12:15 AM on Dec. 22, 2010