Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Any suggestions for a social skills camp?

I am looking for a social skills camp or program for my daughter. She is 21 years old and has PDD. We live in Va.

Answer Question

Asked by Shari173 at 8:58 AM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Adult Children (18+)

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (2)
  • I found this site................

    or  and search for what camp type you are looking for

    Good luck!


    Answer by Tricia19 at 3:07 PM on Jul. 24, 2008

  • Contact in your local area. You did not say at what level of abilities she was at? Have you attempted to allow her to obtain a job? Contact your local Dept of Labor, Dept of Voc Rehab. My daughter went there for job evaluation, and had DVR evaluation for her capabilities. She is HFA/PDD, and she is proficient in math, science, electronics. Her tests showed the same. You should first evaluate at home, what she can and cannot do. They assist with many things such as skill training, etc. This would allow slightest amount of independence, which she needs. Even the most severe are capable of doing. We drove her to testing, but she drives, too. DOL/DVR pays for all items, except transportation. College gives inclass support for BS in Chem Eng. you should join Autistim girls group at Cafemoms, too! Mamajack824

    Answer by mamajack824 at 2:51 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.