Anyone delt with a hubby (or yourself.. any adult) having a tonsilectomy?My hubby is going to have this done in about a month in conjenction with a sinus surgery, any tips, ideas on how to make it better etc.....?

Hubby has been having an ear infection about once every 4-6 weeks for over a year now, and he has also been getting strep about once every other month or so. He actually dropped out of High School because of all of his step issues... and finished his GED, and then his EMT cert, and his firefighting cert.... he is more worried about the $ than anything else. With me being a paramedic I am more worried about the medical aspect of all of this and how much pain he is going to be in, and if anyone has any tips please share them.... I would be greatful, because he is a baby when it comes to feeling bad... and being in pain!

regmomstuff

Asked by regmomstuff at 2:43 PM on Jul. 6, 2008 in Health

• when i was 17 i had my tonsils and adnoids removed for the first two weeks it was very painfull, i couldn't eat anything other than liqiuds and even that was painfull. it's like having a very severe case of strep. however once i was all healed i felt great i could breathe normally and to this day rarely get sick if i do it's nothing major just a viral infection.
    i would reccomend he gets it done, like i said at first it's painfull but once your recovered you'll be glad you did.
    crystal_duncan

Answer by crystal_duncan at 2:47 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• my hubby got his out a few months ago. he said warm stuff like soup broth felt better than cold stuff. he went through a lot of the tylonal sore through liquid. he swore by it. my girls had theirs out when they were young. they say the older you are, the worse it is. my hubby is 32. he was talking when he came out of it, but it got worse. the more it started to heal, the worse he said it hurt. good luck.
    mygirlsrock00

Answer by mygirlsrock00 at 8:09 PM on Jul. 6, 2008