My husband asked me at 20 to 10 pm last night , after a very long day to invite his sister who is single over for coffee.

I ignored his requested. I took a shower and went to bed. His sister is single, does not have kids and never ever helps out whenever she comes over. When I am home alone she never ever calls me. She lives next door.She will make an excuse, I am so tired of I am sorry I can't help I have so much to do.Meanwhile I feel like the hired help when I go over her house where my mil lives and she will complain if the dishes are not brought back promptly. So what do you think of hubby asking that sis late at night? He is trying to set her up with some guy but I could care less.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:08 AM on Dec. 19, 2010 in Relationships

• You ignored his request. Really? I mean, wouldn't it have been much more productive to have responded, even if you responded with "no". Good communication is a wonderful thing - essential to any good relationship. But instead of telling him how you feel, you're here telling us. You might want to try talking to him.

He's trying to set her up with some guy and you could care less? I'm not saying you have to be a part of it but I would think that you'd care if she's happy and occupied - if she were occupied, your husband wouldn't be asking you to have her over at 9:40 at night.

And sure it would be nice if she helped out when she comes over, but she doesn't really have to help if she's a guest in your house. You could ask her specific things, like "would you please put the dishes on the table?" or "can you hand me that towel, I need to get these dishes dry". If you're not happy, take a more active role. Change things.
    caseyandkids

Answer by caseyandkids at 8:25 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I think he wants to hang out with his sister.
    MsLouLou

Answer by MsLouLou at 8:12 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• easier to write to 9:40pm, btw

Whats so bad abut him wanting to visit with a sibling? They've known each other longer than he's known you.
    Mandz1

Answer by Mandz1 at 8:34 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I have much more important family issues like a serious illness in the family , so to me she is very much not on my to do list. Especially when she never calls me in over 7 months. No, I just don't really give too much importance to her 43 year old diva not married and greedy ways.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:35 AM on Dec. 19, 2010