Are you a grandma?

What do your grandkids call you? Is there a story behind your name? Would you care to tell it?

1daughter5sons

Asked by 1daughter5sons at 9:26 PM on Nov. 8, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Yep! My five year old granddaughter Libby calls me " Cowgirl Grandma", a name she bestowed upon me herself, because of the fact that "Grandma wears cowgirl boots and rides her horses." She's got all my (step) grandkids calling me this, too!!
    Aprilmorgans

Answer by Aprilmorgans at 9:58 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• All mine call me MawMaw, not really a story behind it though. My 9 year old gd started it. Now I have 20 grandkids!! So I hear MawMaw all day long!!! LOL I can remember when I was little my mom used to say ,"I'm changing my name!"...I think of saying that to my grandkids!!
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 10:04 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• Oh Yeah!! I have 7 of the little darlings ranging from 17-0 (due in March). They all call me mamaw excpt 1 that calls me "hokiemamaw". Mom told him one time they were going to Oklahoma to see mamaw and its been "hokiemamaw" ever since. AWW..you just gotta love em.
    kdd1209

Answer by kdd1209 at 10:35 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• I am only 32 so having a step-grandchild is kind of weird. My neices called me Na-Na (sounds like in taunting) because they couldn't say my name so we decieded she could call me that.
    casperskitty

Answer by casperskitty at 1:15 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• my kids have 2 grandma's. My mom used to be called manma. My son just couldn't say grandma, so said manma. My mother in law's name is Katie so she told my son to call her grandma kate, he calls her grandma cake! lol
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 3:02 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• My great grandma used to live next to a cow farm and we called her grandma cows. There's a pig farm next to her old house now! Good thing it was now and not then!
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 3:03 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• I have 4 biological grandkids ranging in ages from 4 1/2 down to 11 months. I was supposed to be Nana like my mom was called by my kids but Chubby my oldest grandson has called me Ganma since he was 15 months so it's stuck.
    WAganma56

Answer by WAganma56 at 5:01 AM on Nov. 9, 2008