Straights showering with known homosexuals?

This is interesting alot of soldiers express discomfort and concern over showering with gays according to this article only a small percentage have no real concerns.

I find this comment by DOD working group to be pretty laughable myself.. --‘Gay Men Have Learned to Avoid Making Heterosexuals Feel Uncomfortable or Threatened in Situations Such as This’

This is one of the sensitive areas that some of us have been talking about and feel will cause some issues.There is no doubt in my mind that it will indeed..

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/military-should-expressly-prohibit-heter

tnmomofive

Asked by tnmomofive at 8:56 AM on Dec. 19, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• The only thing that is going to change is the fact that now straight soldiers uncomfortable with the idea or homophobic might think someone is gay who isnt, or might target gay soldiers for inappropriate behavior (whether true or not). They ALL have to behave the same way and if someone is made uncomfortable they can file a complaint. I can see this becoming a huge issue and maybe even potential law suits. I never had a problem with dont ask dont tell. I dont see why anyone has to tell anyone if they are gay OR straight. I mean who cares? Keep your sexuality to yourself and everyone is happy.

Answer by gemgem at 11:51 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Heterosexual soldiers have already been showering with homosexuals soldiers for decades. Nothing changed.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:00 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• banging head into wallI've said it before and I'll say it again....Just because someone is gay DOES NOT mean that they want everyone they come in contact with!!  They are fighting for our country and THIS is what they're worried about?!?!  Time to grow up.

TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 9:07 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• "1. It's an all volunteer military. If you don't like the rules, nobody is making you join.
    2. If you are too shy or modest to shower with someone, the military isn't the place for you. Neither men nor women are guaranteed toilet privacy when they are fighing on the front lines.
    3. Most of the sexual attacks in the military aren't by homosexuals. Three out of four women have reported being sexually assaulted and it wasn't homos that did it. So far, records show there is more to fear from heterosexuals than homosexuals."

This was one of the comments made on that article...Love it & totally agree with it.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:03 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• It's idiotic to think that a) homosexuals think you're hot, and b) straight people don't look at your parts.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 9:08 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• This is like putting 20 naked women in a room with 2 horny men"

This is one of the most ignorant statements I have seen in a while.

Answer by older at 10:20 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I don't see the problem they are trying to make. When i was in basic, just say there was someone i thought might have been gay (for argument sake) i would have waited until that person was done to shower.(when we had the luxury of time) Even at the beginning of basic when we have a short time period to all shower, we were shoving 2-3 girls under 1 shower just to have time to get it done. The girl next to me's head could have fell off and i wouldn't have noticed. After basic i'm sure they can just shower at a later time if they don't want the so called "offending" person to see them naked. Or are they afraid they contaminated the whole shower area with gayness?
    Astraea_79

Answer by Astraea_79 at 9:06 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• "This is like putting 20 naked women in a room with 2 horny men"

No, it's nothing like it. I'm guessing you know not one gay person.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:18 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• homophobia at it's best...
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 9:01 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Some of you ladies seem to think that gay men will attack every other male out there, well, you are dead wrong!

Answer by older at 10:07 AM on Dec. 19, 2010