Do you get a flu shot? Why or why not?

SweetLuci

Asked by SweetLuci at 8:59 AM on Dec. 19, 2010 in Health

• No I don't. I prefer to prevent the flu by keeping my immune systems strong with food, sleep & exercise. Can you imagine what it could do to you year after year after year for 60 or so years. No thanks. Plus, the flu shot is only a 'best guess' at which flu they think is coming - it's not a guarantee and I'm not too sure many people actually know that.
    Waxing_Lyrical

Answer by Waxing_Lyrical at 11:17 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• No, we never get them. Me or my kids. I see it as completely unnessacary.
    Astraea_79

Answer by Astraea_79 at 9:10 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Nope. We don't give our kids any unnecessary medicine and don't take them ourselves.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:01 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I would get the worst colds from a flu shot. SO I stopped and guess what? I am not sick. I will never get a flu shot ever again.
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 9:02 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• My son and I both get them. I work in the human services field and am always at client's homes. I want to be as protected against the flu as I can. I don't want to bring it home to my son and I can't afford to miss work.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 9:03 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• yes. I have asthma.

My kids get it too. My son got the flu (the real respiratory flu) 6 years ago. Before that I didn't bother getting him the flu shot, but he was so sick for over a week. I know that the flu shot is not 100% but if I can possibly protect him from getting that sick again, I feel it it my responsibility to do so. That week was very scary.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 9:03 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• We usually do, haven't yet this year. My husband is a teacher, I substitute teach & our son is in elementary school. We're collectively around too many germs to not get the flu shot.
    sweetpotato418

Answer by sweetpotato418 at 9:03 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I have never had any interest in getting one and have also never had the flu since I was a kid. My OB kept pushing me to go and get one but no way in heck im going to start getting them now in the middle of a pregnancy. Not for me
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 9:06 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I get it because I'm a college student and those people will show up to class no matter how sick they are, I can't afford to be sick, This year is the first my son has gotten it (the mist) because they had such a bad out break and they think it is going to happen again, the health department even came to his preschool and did it for all the kids from preschool to 5th grade. I can't afford for us to get it, my husband is going to be gone and with the classes I have I can't take my son with me. Neither of us had any problems- I had the combo shot and he had the flu mist
    lovemylilman06

Answer by lovemylilman06 at 9:09 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• No, I do not get a flu shot. I really don't get sick that much. Besides, I avoid anything I could to avoid needles!
    rosiemendo

Answer by rosiemendo at 9:09 AM on Dec. 19, 2010