some people think God lets our babies die for good reasons others say satan takes our babies whats your opinion

My son passed away in feb due to reasons I don't know. I found him not breathing at 14 hours old and we resisitated he slipped into a coma six days later he was on 100 percent oxygen and brain dead so I took him off the machines and let him go I couldn't stand the thought of church for a long time and thought that somehow god was punishing me I went back to church sunday for the first time since it happened I feel god took my baby and he is now a pure angel never sinned nothing he was baptized before he died and confirmed but I have had others say cont

one_white_rose

Asked by one_white_rose at 9:31 PM on Nov. 8, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• God knows what happens at all times, but we are born into this world imperfect, and Gods thinking is higher than ours, one day, you might be able to know the reason for your baby's death, God promises to wipe out every tear from our eyes. my mom passed away and i prayed she would not die and she did. Jesus is coming soon at an appointed time to do away with this, dont worry, one day you will see your baby and i will see my mom.
    ashleyamanda

Answer by ashleyamanda at 5:56 AM on Nov. 28, 2008

• that satan is the reason my baby didn't make it how can they be so cruel as to say that God puts us into this world and god decides when it is our time to go does he not? my baby meant the world to me and trust me I prayed harder than I ever have that a miracle would come but it just didn't come through for me. I think god does take our babies for reasons we just dont understand I didnt even get to know what took my baby from me and that does hurt but I believe god will show me why one day whats your opinion ladies do you think satan is behind infant deaths or do you think it is more like gods will and please no bashing me on this I just want your opinions I took him off the machines because I had to not because I wanted to
    one_white_rose

Answer by one_white_rose at 9:34 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• I'm not super religious, but I think God had a reason, even though none of us will ever understand.

I'm very sorry about your son. Don't turn your back on God. He can help you get through this.

Talk with a pastor or a priest if you need to.
    mwebb

Answer by mwebb at 9:35 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• Then Job arose, and rent his mantle, and shaved his head, and fell down upon the ground, and worshipped,
    And said, Naked came I out of my mother's womb, and naked shall I return thither: the Lord gave, and the Lord hath taken away; blessed be the name of the Lord.

-- Job 1: 20-21 (KJV)

Watch this youtube video, might help you out a bit...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=th6Njr-qkq0
    Rockyschick

Answer by Rockyschick at 9:42 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• First I want to say that I'm sorry for your loss.

I believe that God has put everyone on this earth for a purpose and once that purpose is fulfilled then he calls us back home. Some people, their purpose is a very long time while others is just a few moments. I know it's hard to fatham what your son's purpose was for only 14 hours, but there was. Maybe it was to solidify your faith. God says that if he believes you have strayed too far, he will bring you to your knees. Who knows exactly why, without asking the Big Man himself, we may never know.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 10:37 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• Continued:
    I don't believe that Satan takes babies. That is just cruel for people to say. Satan doesn't have that power. Satan can only convince people that God does not exist and to follow him. Babies are pure and untouched by evil, therefore it's absurd to believe that Satan can take a child. Please don't take to heart anyone saying that. If anything I think it's Satan trying to pull you to the dark side.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 10:40 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• I am so very sorry for your loss!!! ((HUGS)) I'm glad you went back. IMO, I believe we can't always know why God allows things to happen. We have finite minds and we can't fully understand all the ways of the spiritual world. But we can know that God loves us dearly and that he is just, true and trustworthy. One of my favorite passages is 1 Peter 1:6-7 "In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials. These have come so that your faith - of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire - may be proved genuine and may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed."
    DebateandRelate

Answer by DebateandRelate at 10:41 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• Psalm 34:18 "The Lord is close to the broken-hearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit". David knew this well. May you find peace and comfort in HIm during this time of grieving. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.
    Anonymous

• I hate it when people try to console what is inconsolable. I know that some people mean well, (and others don't), but please think before you speak! That said, I honestly feel that God does everything for a reason, that reason may not be clear to you now, but it may be in the future. Nothing anyone will ever say or do will take that pain of losing your baby away, but you learn to live with it. I lost two, and as each year passes I think 'he would be this age now" or "she would be this age now". I know that I didn't do much to answer your question, but I really do think that He puts our paths before us in a pattern He only understands. Have faith, know your baby is an angel looking down at you and take comfort that one day we all will be reunited with those we lost.

hibicent

Answer by hibicent at 11:19 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• I am so sorry for the loss of your son. I want you to know I do not believe that Satan has the power to take your baby. I pray your heart be comforted and that you find answers to this question. I do not know why Satan is given credit for so many things that are simple unexplainable. I do know that one day you will have your answer and I also believe that you will be reunited with your baby in heaven. Your baby was innocent...born into a harsh world where sin abounds. Disease and sadness is everywhere here.

I am so sad for your family and for your mommy heart.
    SFerber

Answer by SFerber at 11:26 PM on Nov. 8, 2008