Any swell ideas as to how to get a HUGE puddle of corn oil off my tile floor?

My dog got into y trash and got the corn oil we fried biscuits in out and managed to chew through 3 bags to get it ALL OVER then floor. I have gotten it up with a towel but now what? And is my towel ruined now to? (I used a really old one just in case)

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 9:24 AM on Dec. 19, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I'd try kitty litter then what is left clean up with an old rag with soap and hot water
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:39 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Cat litter will soak it up :0/ good luck
    sillytime

Answer by sillytime at 9:25 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I got nothing- try dish soap?
    lovemylilman06

Answer by lovemylilman06 at 9:26 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• paper towels to soak it up, then some Dawn and a hot wet rag to clean up the rest
    Mandz1

Answer by Mandz1 at 9:27 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• First try to put the big puddle by hand or kitchen towel into the sink. The rest will go with sand or cat litter. Or you can put loads of hot water put soap on it and dry it up with kitchen towel. Don't use normal kitchen or any clothes because it just make a bigger mess than you have now. Good luck:)

adriennfaklya

Answer by adriennfaklya at 9:29 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I would use salt or flour, and get as much up as possible before I added any soap. If you have the dawn foaming stuff, or just plain dawn use as little as possible with damp paper or cloth towels, dry, and than mop. When you wash the towel, use a few drops of dawn. You may have to wash it twice, but the oil will come out.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 5:42 PM on Dec. 19, 2010